***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Granted that some things are out of his control, I have to believe JP might be working some magic behind the scenes to advocate for us not to go back to Memphis.

Iowa State is the only Big 12 school to hit this trifecta of unappealing bowl locations/matchups: Boise State in Boise, Rutgers in Yankee Stadium, and Memphis in Memphis.

If there is any justice, we won't get another one of these dog **** games for a very long time.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
He has been awesome. Kentucky lost their starter and backup, and converted him from WR and said: "We are going to run and win!" I respect that very much, and I personally think a player being able to do that deserves individual recognition.

I'd love to see an ISU vs. Kentucky Liberty Bowl, and Big Blue Nation travels for football too. It would be a sold out, exciting crowd. They can drink too, but they prefer their bourbon!

If this happens, it would be sooooo Iowa Stateish for that KY quarterback to become Drew Brees incarnate and throw for a Liberty Bowl record yards and td's.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
This is my annual petition that the bowl game organizers agree to drop their conference affiliations and institute a bowl game draft with selection order determined by game payout.

You would get better match ups, viewers and fan support which is what they say they are all about. Over time there would be more upward pressure on payouts(benefitting conference bottom line) as well as some of the games that have no purpose would naturally wither on the vine.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This is my annual petition that the bowl game organizers agree to drop their conference affiliations and institute a bowl game draft with selection order determined by game payout.

You would get better match ups, viewers and fan support which is what they say they are all about. Over time there would be more upward pressure on payouts(benefitting conference bottom line) as well as some of the games that have no purpose would naturally wither on the vine.
Great idea!

• Friendly
Reactions: Die4Cy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa State is the only Big 12 school to hit this trifecta of unappealing bowl locations/matchups: Boise State in Boise, Rutgers in Yankee Stadium, and Memphis in Memphis.

If there is any justice, we won't get another one of these dog **** games for a very long time.
We eventually will play Houston in the Houston Bowl now.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

I mostly agree with the idea but if you don't think Bowl Committees would favor the teams in the south, you're outta your mind. 75% of the bowl games are in the South East. So it would just give way more accolades to SEC and ACC teams.

• Agree
Reactions: everyyard

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I mostly agree with the idea but if you don't think Bowl Committees would favor the teams in the south, you're outta your mind. 75% of the bowl games are in the South East. So it would just give way more accolades to SEC and ACC teams.
That's a pretty truthful way of looking at it but when you carry street cred like ISU does and have most people staying for 3-4 nights in Memphis or San Antonio, the cities will make a lot more money than choosing Tenn or Texas.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
That's a pretty truthful way of looking at it but when you carry street cred like ISU does and have most people staying for 3-4 nights in Memphis or San Antonio, the cities will make a lot more money than choosing Tenn or Texas.

I think we're the exception once they realize it. However, as wrong as they may be, most bowl committees would think we're some podunk school without any fans or money. Pollard could try and sway them but if it's us vs say Miami for a game in Tampa, I bet they go with Miami

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

not on TV ads they won’t. Most are only marginally interested in actual attendance and keenly interested in ad buys on TV.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
not on TV ads they won’t. Most are only marginally interested in actual attendance and keenly interested in ad buys on TV.
I guess I assumed most of the TV ads were sold much more in advance of 3ish weeks before the bowl game. I get that Texas would obviously have more TV viewers than ISU but ISU would have a much larger local economic impact in San Antonio

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I guess I assumed most of the TV ads were sold much more in advance of 3ish weeks before the bowl game. I get that Texas would obviously have more TV viewers than ISU but ISU would have a much larger local economic impact in San Antonio

even if they are then they will base the next years ad buys off past performance and it will still favor the big name schools.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron