Lazard on Packer roster

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Can we just put to bed all the BS about how you have to be an NFL Combine freak in order to be a good football player in the NFL?

You just have to be a great football player that loves to play the game and will do everything it takes to make it and be a great teammate. Rodgers recognized it the day Lazard walked in the door and the effort on and off the field he made to be great. That's worth more than all the Combine measurables any day.

No kidding. Thank goodness Lazard had someone like Rogers looking out for him (and how super smart was it for Allen to take it upon himself seek out Rogers?!?). I think there is far too much emphasis on measurables and less focus on guys that can actually play football. Allen can actually play football.

It is sort of similar to Monte in the NBA.

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
It's still absolutely ridiculous that AL didn't get drafted. Then Jacksonville gave up on him without even really giving him a chance. Aaron Rodgers can make receivers look good, for sure, but AL is taking advantage of the opportunity now also. And he's a super nice guy, works hard....he's earning it.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
It's still absolutely ridiculous that AL didn't get drafted. Then Jacksonville gave up on him without even really giving him a chance. Aaron Rodgers can make receivers look good, for sure, but AL is taking advantage of the opportunity now also. And he's a super nice guy, works hard....he's earning it.

Also nice of Rodgers to campaign to get Lazard on the team and to get reps.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
100 + yards.

Anyone know if he's got a contract of some sort?

Like, they don't keep paying him practice squad pay, right?

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
I was told Allen Lazard was too slow to play wide receiver. I was also told that Allen Lazard dropped too many passes to play in the NFL. Hok fans also told me that Allen Lazard would have to switch positions to TE in order to have a chance to make the league.
tavern hoks eating sht is not uncommon

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
100 + yards.

Anyone know if he's got a contract of some sort?

Like, they don't keep paying him practice squad pay, right?

$495,000

Edit:

Allen Lazard signed a 2 year, $1,050,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including an average annual salary of $525,000. In 2019, Lazard will earn a base salary of $495,000, while carrying a cap hit of $495,000 and a dead cap value of $87,353.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/allen-lazard-25483/

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Also nice of Rodgers to campaign to get Lazard on the team and to get reps.

That made me wonder if previous players relying on ability was a big frustration for Rodgers and if his comments about AL were a dig at players that didn't prepare very well.

Reactions: khardbored

jaj040

Nut Cup Wearer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 21, 2015
Really happy to see Allen doing so well. Thom has had some nice things to say about him also.

Reactions: LindenCy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’m not sure why they’re not throwing it to him all the time. ;)

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
No kidding. Thank goodness Lazard had someone like Rogers looking out for him (and how super smart was it for Allen to take it upon himself seek out Rogers?!?). I think there is far too much emphasis on measurables and less focus on guys that can actually play football. Allen can actually play football.

It is sort of similar to Monte in the NBA.

the comparison is MVS who is the same size as Lazard but runs a 4.4 and has “great measurable.” But the guy can’t run a rout to save his life and is a liability blocking. It’s no wonder Lazard has past him on the DC.

Reactions: Scott34

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I'm not sure I could be happier for anyone. Allen picked Iowa State when he didn't have to. He stuck with Iowa State when he didn't have to. He is an Iowa State fan that just happens to be an elite athlete. And he's turning this Vikings fan into someone that legit cheers for Green Bay and suddenly loves Aaron Rogers because he saw that Lazard could be an NFL player when others did not.

Touchdown Lazard!!!

source.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Snydes and LindenCy

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I was told Allen Lazard was too slow to play wide receiver. I was also told that Allen Lazard dropped too many passes to play in the NFL. Hok fans also told me that Allen Lazard would have to switch positions to TE in order to have a chance to make the league.

Well, if he was faster he would’ve had two TDs today;)

• Funny
Reactions: Snydes and LindenCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron