*** Official #13 Seton Hall VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
It’s depressing as **** that we already know this isn’t an NCAA tourney team. And yet most fans don’t actually care because we’ll have a few games where we’re hitting 3’s and look good and that will be “good enough” - so we’ll make a bunch excuses and forget that it’s inexcusable for Iowa State to miss the dance 2 out of 3 years, much less show any signs of competing for a conference title.

Maybe you’ll be correct. But as a response to my post, not sure there’s a direct connection.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I’d still like to see solo at 4 and condit at 5 with Zion and Jacobson as backups. Also Drove me crazy when they had numbers on a steal and then it hit Nixon’s hands everything had to stop so he could kill the possession all by himself. But it is what it is.
That defense would make a mediocre defense even worse imo.

We just need to clean things up, although that’s a considerable challenge.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I don’t disagree. They do play hard. That’s why I’m confused at the lack of rebounding. Rebounding is often effort and just comes down to who wants it more.
Rebounding is a skill just like anything else. It's way more than just "who wants it more".

• Agree
Reactions: Baseline23

coolmooinlou

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2015
Louisville, Kentucky
Anyone at the actual game? I've heard this resort is crazy expensive, just curious if what I've heard is accurate. I've been told like $5 waters, $20 burgers, $40 for sunscreen, stuff like that.

At those prices youd think they could upgrade the venue a bit!
Expensive, yes. Overpriced, yes, but to be expected. Atlantis is a brand.
The hotel supplied us with vouchers for more than enough bottled water for the entire duration of our stay. Also fridge in the room, so could be filled with basics. Exclusive restaurants quite pricey but excellent Bahamian (and other) food. The lack of casual dining with moderately priced choices was a little disappointing (a side of mac and cheese was $22) But also easy to go off campus (water taxi into downtown Nassau) and enjoy the local fare.
The beautiful grounds, sealife, really cool slides and fun Rapids rides PLUS some excellent basketball made for a fantastic trip. Sad to leave today.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Ha of course. I was just letting all of you know that your presence was noticeably absent yesterday.

sure glad you could make it tonight for this game.

No problem. I’m here usually every game. Last game too. Wasn’t as active because, you know, thanksgiving.

You need to find a healthier way to channel your anger you seem to have in your life.

• Winner
Reactions: CoKane

coolmooinlou

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2015
Louisville, Kentucky
I despise whiners about officiating. It’s part of the game. Deal with it.
Typically, I do too. Our poor shot selection early in the clock and defensive lapses against a very organized, big and super physical top 15 team were killers. But so was the mess of a slippery floor (worse the second half on our side off the court - maybe it was sloping downhill) The boys exceptional, if sometimes a bit frenetic, efforts left them pretty banged up.
That said, I've NEVER seen such lopsided officiating (74 grad so I've watched a few games)
Their two big guys were walking ALL game
Finally with 50 secs left on the clock, ref called one.
I was certain Tyrese's layup, clearly made shot when the lights went out, would be called no basket.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Rebounding is a skill just like anything else. It's way more than just "who wants it more".
Rebounding is a combination of effort and skill. You can overcome your lack of size and skill though by working hard for rebounds. You don’t have to be the biggest, most athletic or most skilled guy on the court to get rebounds. Work hard by putting yourself in the right spot, anticipating where the shot might miss and you’re going to get rebounds.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

isualums

Jan 9, 2018
Rebounding is about screening out. Watch our guys on defensive. Haliburton rarely screens out. Conduit and the other guards rarely screen out.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Maybe playing these tough teams will make the team better prepared to deal with the Big12 gauntlet too. Don't forget the Big 12 tourney can add to our win total. We may need to get a couple of wins in that tourney to make the Big Dance this season.

I thought that Seton Hall game was a lot like our games with KSU except SH had talent and their coach stayed off the court. Doubt we play anyone more physical than these guys.

And we will also be prepared should we have to play a game on a skating rink.

Raywswartz

KC Chief
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2006
Rebounding is about screening out. Watch our guys on defensive. Haliburton rarely screens out. Conduit and the other guards rarely screen out.
Hali really needs to play better d for team to win. Stealing ball is not all there is to playing d. His guys score a lot.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Rebounding is a combination of effort and skill. You can overcome your lack of size and skill though by working hard for rebounds. You don’t have to be the biggest, most athletic or most skilled guy on the court to get rebounds. Work hard by putting yourself in the right spot, anticipating where the shot might miss and you’re going to get rebounds.
But you have to practice to be in the right spot and anticipate shots. You think Eustachy's teams were great rebounders because he only got guys who wanted to try hard. No. Its because he practiced the hell out it with his players. All programs emphasize certain areas of the game and don't spend as much time on others because there is only so much time to practice.

I get tired of everyone b!tching that players arent trying hard. Those guys busted their ass in that tournament. To say they got outrebounded because they just didn't want It bad enough is easy to say from your couch.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
But you have to practice to be in the right spot and anticipate shots. You think Eustachy's teams were great rebounders because he only got guys who wanted to try hard. No. Its because he practiced the hell out it with his players. All programs emphasize certain areas of the game and don't spend as much time on others because there is only so much time to practice.

I get tired of everyone b!tching that players arent trying hard. Those guys busted their ass in that tournament. To say they got outrebounded because they just didn't want It bad enough is easy to say from your couch.
Nobody said they didn’t play hard.