FSU talking potential hiring of Campbell

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
It's really my home, most likely nicer than anything you could hope for.

And my mother died in 1965 from cancer. Have a nice holiday.

It's Stormy Daniels - a single wide would suffice for her. And your Mom comment is weird for the tone of the post you were responding to.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
From footballscoop:
“sources told FootballScoop that the Seminoles have reached out to, and thus far come up empty, on all the big names you’d expect: James Franklin, Matt Campbell, the brothers Stoops, Matt Rhule.”

The one thing that I 100% believe Matt Campbell when he says is that he’s not talking to other ADs, search committees, etc mid-season about other jobs.

Which is why anyone that says “Matt Campbell would be intrigued by X opening” is an outright lie.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I've went to some of the Arkansas boards and I find it hilarious that these people seem to think hiring Campbell is a real possiblity. The dude just turned down FSU but these dim wits still believe he will take the Arkansas job. ‍

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I've went to some of the Arkansas boards and I find it hilarious that these people seem to think hiring Campbell is a real possiblity. The dude just turned down FSU but these dim wits still believe he will take the Arkansas job. ‍
Arkansas is a popular program in the geriatric wards.

It’s not a great job, but Campbell isn’t your typical coach looking to max out his leverage into climbing the latter imo. That works in our favor in the FSU or NFL openings, but potentially hurts us when a fellow afterthought offers $6 million/year. He’s going to have a lot of nice offers to choose from, including JP’s.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids

It’s not a great job, but Campbell isn’t your typical coach looking to max out his leverage into climbing the latter imo. That works in our favor in the FSU or NFL openings, but potentially hurts us when a fellow afterthought offers $6 million/year. He’s going to have a lot of nice offers to choose from, including JP’s.
What I'm talking about is, Campbell has a pretty good roster coming back and has a pretty good class coming in. It would make zero sense to take that job when we know Campbell isnt wanting a job based off money.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Money will be a non-issue if he ever leaves. I don’t know why people keep saying that. Pollard isn’t Bruce. If it comes to it, he’ll let Campbell name his price.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Money will be a non-issue if he ever leaves. I don’t know why people keep saying that. Pollard isn’t Bruce. If it comes to it, he’ll let Campbell name his price.
Because they’re rational.

Clearly JP should be willing to mortgage everything for CMC, as should the university and fans. I’d like to think JP has persevered enough of the recent $30-$40 million increase in revenue to instantly add millions more to the football budget, but that’s not as apparent as you make it imo. If another program that is otherwise enticing can offer millions more for CMC, which presumably means also a big increase for staff and for the overall football budget, it is unlikely to be a non-issue.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
What I'm talking about is, Campbell has a pretty good roster coming back and has a pretty good class coming in. It would make zero sense to take that job when we know Campbell isnt wanting a job based off money.
Agree that it doesn’t make sense to most. Why trade in a winning lottery ticket to get at best a marginally better ticket in return? CMC has built great capital by winning here, and that capital is safe due to how previous coaches have done here. He has a lot of options because of that, but one would think you don’t leverage or leave that for a challenge like Arkansas.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Because they’re rational.

Clearly JP should be willing to mortgage everything for CMC, as should the university and fans. I’d like to think JP has persevered enough of the recent $30-$40 million increase in revenue to instantly add millions more to the football budget, but that’s not as apparent as you make it imo. If another program that is otherwise enticing can offer millions more for CMC, which presumably means also a big increase for staff and for the overall football budget, it is unlikely to be a non-issue.

See, this is why you’re a dumb **** *******.

you spend all your energy trying to say how Iowa State is a held back only by fans that accept being Iowa State.

Then this guy says, correctly, that pollard will match any dollar (just like he would have done for Fred), and yet it’s not good enough.

you’re truly one of the least knowledgeable posters here

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
you spend all your energy trying to say how Iowa State is a held back only by fans that accept being Iowa State.

Then this guy says, correctly, that pollard will match any dollar (just like he would have done for Fred), and yet it’s not good enough.
There’s a huge disconnect between thinking JP (not necessarily fans) can’t match any dollar and that your misguided pessimism leads you astray.

As I said, we should be in a position to compete with many offers, but JP likes his non-football expenditures.

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
We should all be willing to pay more to keep Campbell, his staff, and build the $90 million athletic performance center he wants! I find it hard to believe Arkansas has significantly better facilities after we get done with the big project. Florida State's facilities aren't even close to us from what I understand.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I think that everyone here just wants him to stay. To win a national championship at Iowa State would be something that would make him a hero. The money will always be there for him....