How do we get a Farmageddon Trophy started?

blizzisu

Nov 4, 2009
Polk City, IA
Folks are really overthinking it. How bow something simple like this:

F4240-MB-1.jpg

Tell me where to send my money. Let's get this thing down to Manhattan by Saturday morning!

cobraclone71

Jan 3, 2011
Iirc the original CyHawk, the one for the the resumption of the series in '77(?) was bought and paid for by some guys in Des Moines who just made up The Des Moines Athletic Club, LLC or something...

Point being; there might have to be somebody to force ISU/KSU's hand. Just tell them (the ADs?) we have a trophy. They can decline it or not.

So really we need someone to just sneak a pedal tractor into the game and give it to the winning team to hoist overhead?

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
The best way to get a trophy started would be for students at ISU to reach out to one of the leaders of their student body to have them reach out to the leader of the K-State student body so that they can talk about it. Maybe nothing comes of it. A donation of an old tractor from an alum of either school for the cause would help. I like whoever's idea that was.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The best way to get a trophy started would be for students at ISU to reach out to one of the leaders of their student body to have them reach out to the leader of the K-State student body so that they can talk about it. Maybe nothing comes of it. A donation of an old tractor from an alum of either school for the cause would help. I like whoever's idea that was.
Given the two fan/alumni bases, I can't believe it would take more than 5 minutes to find a tractor to be donated.

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Given the two fan/alumni bases, I can't believe it would take more than 5 minutes to find a tractor to be donated.
Zero minutes. My 1953 B John Deere. Needs A LOT of work though, which regardless, any tractor used as the trophy should be restored.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

cobraclone71

Jan 3, 2011
I have been leading the charge on a trophy for this game for years, I saw on twitter the idea of a crack that starts the tractor, winning team runs over and starts the antique tractor,

Uh......ya'll know how dangerous that can be?

...Like break someone's arm dangerous if you don't know what your doing.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
On September 12, 1862, the state of Iowa was the first to accept the terms of the Morrill Act which provided the funding boost needed for the fledgling State Agricultural College and Model Farm (eventually renamed Iowa State University of Science and Technology). The first land-grant institution actually created under the Act was Kansas State University, which was established on February 16, 1863, and opened on September 2, 1863.

Call it the Morrill Trophy or the Land Grant and just throw a tractor on a trophy mount that can be painted every year. Let the winner paint it with their school colors.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Having talked to one of the guys who took the Cyclone fire engine to a bowl game in December, I don't think I would want to be doing this most years. However, I do like the Karma that is likely to come from the route regularly going through the town of Seneca.

It doesn't even need to be driven there. It could be moved on a flatbed between Ames and Manhattan and driven onto the field behind an end zone. If the home team wins it stays. If not, someone drives it back and we find a spot on both campuses to park it for the year on display. Each result can be etched into it if you like.

Reactions: cstrunk and NWICY

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Reactions: khardbored

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
It would be sweet if it was an actual tractor. Winning team's mascot would get to drive it out on the field for the next year's game. It'd get everyone riled up!

Get John Deere or whoever to donate an old-school - working 1917 tractor (The year both schools started playing each other.) Slap on some ISU and K-State logos on it, boom. Farmageddon!

12467682113_476272d291_b.jpg

1917 - Waterloo Boy

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
So this is the first I've heard about the possibility that the Vampire didn't want a trophy. That would actually explain a lot, because it's no-brainer otherwise. I hope this isn't the case because, obviously, Snyder carries a lot of weight there. And probably will even after his death.

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron