FSU talking potential hiring of Campbell

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
I've always thought of him as a traitor. Bobby Douglas groomed him to take over and left so he could get the job. Cael is a traitor, no doubt to me. I'm sure lots of ppl will disagree.

Got a real company man over here. Worked one job his whole life.
Youll double my salary? Nah, theres no price on loyalty.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
We've seen how good QBs are everything in college football. Why would Campbell leave when Purdy is in his "prime" and Iowa State has a legit chance to play for a conference title?

As others have said, I could MAYBE see him leaving after Purdy is done but with the QB recruiting going so well, who is to say we don't have another similar Purdy-type QB in the hopper.

Think about it, 2 years ago he was being rumored for jobs like mid-level Power 5 jobs. 2018 and its increased to mid-to-upper tier perceived jobs that need a big rebuild (like Tennessee and others). And this year its top tier programs like Florida State and Penn State (if it would open). If you are Campbell, why not stay here 1-2 more years with Purdy and compete for a Big 12 title. If you are looking to make a jump, imagine how attractive you'd be and you could command a top college football job.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
We can't control what happens with Campbell. That's a decision he will have to make and live with if he decides to go somewhere that doesn't appreciate him and give him time to build what he wants. Most places don't have the patience for his process. We do. He talks to his players about leaving a legacy and building something instead of going where something's already been built. He can do that here and that's why I think he fits here better than anywhere else. He can build what he wants, how he wants, with the facilities he wants and all we have to do is continue to throw our support behind it all, to keep showing up and making ourselves heard. Have faith that Pollard will make sure Campbell knows he's wanted here because he is.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Are you an attorney and/or do you have a pole? Both greatly increase the odds.
Not an attorney, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I can get a pole at Home Depot. Maybe try it out with Mrs. Gaggi first.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We can't control what happens with Campbell. That's a decision he will have to make and live with if he decides to go somewhere that doesn't appreciate him and give him time to build what he wants. Most places don't have the patience for his process. We do. He talks to his players about leaving a legacy and building something instead of going where something's already been built. He can do that here and that's why I think he fits here better than anywhere else. He can build what he wants, how he wants, with the facilities he wants and all we have to do is continue to throw our support behind it all, to keep showing up and making ourselves heard. Have faith that Pollard will make sure Campbell knows he's wanted here because he is.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jamie sweetens Campbell's deal here a little bit, especially if we win 9 games this year, win the bowl game, or both.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

isudoc03

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2006
I’ve looked at the Arkansas and FSU message boards and twitter and have seen multiple references that they could negotiate down Campbell’s buyout. Can anyone think of any reason that Iowa State would negotiate down the buyout? It doesn’t make sense. Fans everywhere are delusional, I guess that’s what makes college sports fun.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’ve looked at the Arkansas and FSU message boards and twitter and have seen multiple references that they could negotiate down Campbell’s buyout. Can anyone think of any reason that Iowa State would negotiate down the buyout? It doesn’t make sense. Fans everywhere are delusional, I guess that’s what makes college sports fun.
There isn't going to be a negotiation because Campbell isn't going to either of those schools.