Voices In The Stands KU Edition

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Mike Warren was a couple rows ahead of us. Decked out in ISU gear. Nice to see him still supporting ISU after graduation. Shows he has a great outlook on his situation and the program. Very cool to see in this day and age when most anyone else would have transferred out and hate ISU now.
I was at the 2015 KU game when he had a massive day running the ball. What a freshman year that kid had. Props to him for sticking around and being a great teammate.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
On the student attendance:
I think since we are sports fans (otherwise why would we be on CF?) we take for granted that ALL students are as well. They are not. Both my kids went to ISU; one boy engineer, one girl liberal arts. Based on their friends and acquaintances, I'd estimate about 50% of students don't like sports at all, even casually, and will actively avoid games. Maybe 10-20% actually care and follow football and bball.

On the Kansas band:
give them a break, this was the biggest crowd they will ever get to play in front of!

Yeah, my then girlfriend wouldn’t have gone to games if I didn’t. And she only went for the social aspect anyway, and loved to people watch.

kcbob79clone

Students go home for the weekend in droves @ ISU— during entire school year , Especially small townie folks. I have old family members who graduated in the 1950’s who said the same thing.

1976 I was in line to buy student tickets to football and the last one was sold. Still did not miss a game because there was always a ticket available because quite a few were heading home for that weekend

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Sitting in the bottom right portion of the SEZ, there were two Kansas fans two rows down from me that I did not notice a single time until the 4th quarter when they decided to be obnoxious and start insulting Iowa State. Then they got all offended when Iowa State fans gave it back to them after the win.

I don't understand why someone would come to an opposing stadium and act like an arse.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I never understood why so many people that lived within a couple hours of Ames wanted to rush home to Mommy and Daddy instead of sticking around in Ames for 24 extra hours. Go out Friday night, go have fun at the game Saturday then go home. There’s always plenty of time to go be bored over break at your parents house.
You had to bribe me to go home.

• Agree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Not heard in the stands: our band!

I hate it when a team (always seems to have "Hok" in their name) brings their entire band and takes the entire lower level visitor's section. We picked our seats when the SEZ was brand new in part because we wanted to get away from the visiting band. Now, they are right between us and our band. Argh. :mad::mad::mad:
First row upper deck are better but those are mine!