FSU talking potential hiring of Campbell

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I think it is possible he stays for a along time. Openings: Michigan, ND, MSU, Penn State, The OSU.

He is a people person. AD & School environment will be major factors. Don't think he is that concerned with win/loss history or Blue Blood status.
acody, What part do you disagree with out of my post?

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
It's clear to many of us by his words and by his deeds. Comparing CMC to hoiberg or cael is lazy.

Why? Hoiberg called Iowa State his dream job. So why is it lazy. All coaches say all the right things, then bolt. Just like Saben is not leaving the dolphins and then two days later he is named Bama coach. Chizik is firmly entrenched. Remember that?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Why? Hoiberg called Iowa State his dream job. So why is it lazy. All coaches say all the right things, then bolt. Just like Saben is not leaving the dolphins and then two days later he is named Bama coach. Chizik is firmly entrenched. Remember that?
Wow bud. Putting CMC in that group.... one of those things is not like the other.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
There are words, and then there is coach speak soundbites. Some find it lazy because you’re focusing on the later, which was laughable even before Fred left. Like you said, that’s worthless. Big Red Fred’s contract and message to recruits was telling.

Nearly, all coaches leave or get fired at all programs, so at some point odds are that CMC will. I don’t think those odds are higher because it’s ISU and Fred or Chizik left.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Wow bud. Putting CMC in that group.... one of those things is not like the other.

Not really. That group are all coaches. CMC has no allegiance to Iowa State. I like him and hope he stays. He has done great things. However, I don't blindly trust any coach as far as staying at any place. Go back and read the Cael Sanderson to Penn State threat. We all thought it was laughable. I honestly don't know one person that thought it would happen until it happened. The fact that there is starting to be smoke around Campbell and Florida state is enough for me to be on edge. I am not dumb enough to think Iowa State is even close to being as good of a college football job as Florida State. It's a National Brand of college football. Coaches loves the test. Being top of the food chain. We will see if this job does in fact intrigue him like reports are sayin.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Not really. That group are all coaches. CMC has no allegiance to Iowa State. I like him and hope he stays. He has done great things. However, I don't blindly trust any coach as far as staying at any place. Go back and read the Cael Sanderson to Penn State threat. We all thought it was laughable. I honestly don't know one person that thought it would happen until it happened. The fact that there is starting to be smoke around Campbell and Florida state is enough for me to be on edge. I am not dumb enough to think Iowa State is even close to being as good of a college football job as Florida State. It's a National Brand of college football. Coaches loves the test. Being top of the food chain. We will see if this job does in fact intrigue him like reports are sayin.
Wrestling?? We didn’t all think that was laughable. Why would we have wanted JP to even try to retain him? A waste of money.

CMC may go to UNLV for all we know, but what Cael did is completely irrelevant.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I get what your trying to say. I also would pay to see you say that to his face.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron