ISU vs Iowa

I-Statefanin IACity78

Sep 10, 2019
Despite the lopsided team score I dont consider today too be a complete disaster.

Parker gutted it out but needs too be better then that

Degen needed more offense but his two previous matches vs Lugo were also very close.. Im biased but that coulda been a pin
Of course Carr did great
Straw got double legd but he scored a td

I want too trash colbray but brands has stout head hands defense and the td in OT was a tad lucky. Colbray got 47 seconds of RT. Brands rolled his way too a clutch escape

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Despite the lopsided team score I dont consider today too be a complete disaster.

Parker gutted it out but needs too be better then that

Degen needed more offense but his two previous matches vs Lugo were also very close.. Im biased but that coulda been a pin
Of course Carr did great
Straw got double legd but he scored a td
Coleman got raped as did Small
I want too trash colbray but brands has stout head hands defense and the td in OT was a tad lucky. Colbray got 47 seconds of RT. Brands rolled his way too a clutch escape

Yep, moral victory! Great day! o_O

• Disagree
Reactions: isumellie

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Looked like Iowa was better conditioned. Maybe that's just because they were just more talented. I'm guessing that Brands used last years match as big motivation for this season. I don't watch enough wrestling, but just seemed like other than Carr we are not on the same level... yet.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Hat's off to ISU's guys, salty bunch with a lot of fight. I thought Carr was going to gas but he showed up. He's going be a force at that weight.

I was a bit distracted during some of it, why did Colbray go up in the 3rd OT? I figured at that point it was over, I thought he could've ridden Brands out.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Hat's off to ISU's guys, salty bunch with a lot of fight. I thought Carr was going to gas but he showed up. He's going be a force at that weight.

I was a bit distracted during some of it, why did Colbray go up in the 3rd OT? I figured at that point it was over, I thought he could've ridden Brands out.
I think he was honestly going for stall points against brands...or maybe he thought he could get the TD either way it doesn’t matter because he wrestled not to his ability at all

• Agree
Reactions: Sturge34

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
I think he was honestly going for stall points against brands...or maybe he thought he could get the TD either way it doesn’t matter because he wrestled not to his ability at all
You always wrestle to your ability, right? That’s a truism. Not unlike the old Parcells line.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
We just need another 9 Carr's at the other weights.... and then we'll be competitive with Iowa!!

I agree clonedude about 200%......When ISU let Gable go to Iowa that was the defacto end to ISU Wrestling...Gonna be a long road back to prosperity for this wrestling program....

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Fire Dresser?

Yeah right, are you kidding me, fire poor Dresser who has no ammo when compared to the top 10 wrestling programs in this country....Not a chance.....Im behind poor ol Dresser whether it is for better or worse or worst....GO Kevin GO get'em...and remember Go Cyclones

• Disagree
Reactions: cyputz

I-Statefanin IACity78

Sep 10, 2019
Yep, moral victory! Great day! o_O
My thinking is we lost two matches that we could of easily won. Then it woulda been 6-4 hawks in matches. Straw looked decent considering marinelli is ranked 2nd.
We got steamrolled at 25,33,74,97, and hwt but iowa is great at those weights.

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
125: Lee maj 4-0
133: DeSanto tech 9-0
141: Parker dec 9-3
149: Lugo dec 12-3
157: Carr dec 12-6
165: Marinelli maj 16-6
174: Kemerer tech 21-6
184: Colbray dec 21-9
197: Warner dec 24-9
285: Cassioppi maj 28-9

With the probables and DeSanto at 133, the toss-ups are 149,157,184 imo. The Clones have a path to a 5/5 split, but I don’t see where they match the Hawks bonus.
I also see a path where this gets VERY ugly for ISU. Small took a loss last week and could very much lose to a Glynn/Teasdale while DeSanto could wrestle 141 and give Parker fits as long as he doesn’t go underneath.
I think starting weight will play a big factor. Brands will want to roll out Lee and Dresser won’t want to have a 9-0 hole to come out of.
I gave Colbray too much credit

Reactions: Sturge34

Help Support Us

Become a patron