WBB: ISU at NDSU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
There will be a familiar face in the starting lineup for them: former Cyclone Sofija Zivaljevic, who transferred there midway through her 2017-18 sophomore year at ISU. She didn't appear in any games for ISU that season, so she took a redshirt in 17-18 and played last season as a redshirt soph as soon as she was eligible at the semester break.

In four games, NDSU has 33 assists and 83 turnovers. They have a little height (6'3" and 6'2" posts appear to rotate in) but Zivaljevic at 5'10" is their #2 rebounder. SZ also leads them in assists (and turnovers).

• Informative
Reactions: Cy4Lifer and C.John

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Sofija scored 7 points in 28 minutes in her ISU career. Those are close to her per-game averages this season. She was maybe in above her head here but she's at a really good level for her abilities now.

• Agree
Reactions: mwwbbfan

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Listening to the game via Tunein app.
Coach Steyer's daughter is doing the color commentating. Is this first time Jamie has done this for one of the wbb games?

dkdean

Mar 19, 2011
Texas
Same here. Can't get it on my Fire Stick or on my tablet.
Same issue for me. Does not bode well for the Big 12 switchover to ESPN+ later this year or next year.

Iowa State game is the only one having issues. I called the technical support phone number and that was worthless as expected.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Do not think that NDSU normally streams on ESPN+ so that may be part of the issue.

I think that this is the first time that Jamie Steyer has done a WBB game - she had done Ames high games during her college years (I think that she has an ISU journalism degree) so this is not entirely new to her.

Reactions: C.John

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Sofija scored 7 points in 28 minutes in her ISU career. Those are close to her per-game averages this season. She was maybe in above her head here but she's at a really good level for her abilities now.
Free audio is also on the Bison site:bit.ly/34aDeLJ

I may spend the $7 bucks for live feed visual.

Excellent feed on the Bison site. One-year subscription to CYTV is now a loss with the switch to ESPN+. What is going to be on CYTV after the switch?

By the way the announcers for NDSU were very informed and complementary of Iowa State, its fans, Bill Fennelly and our players. Nicely professional.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
What’s up with Maddie Wise not starting last two games? Any insights?
She played a lot of minutes and had only a few points, rebounds or blocks. Defense is her thing but offensively she was benign.

Last edited: