The Mandalorian (with Spoilers)

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Episode two was great.

Really liked brining in the Jawa’s and watching them do what they do. And then the killing of the Mudhorn to get the egg, so the Jawas could have an appetizer, crazy. This show could be making the groundwork for having its own video game the way it’s so quest based.

overall it doesn’t bother me that the episodes are shorter, that’s the cool thing about paid TV, you tell as much or as little story as you want in an episode.

I also like the minimalist approach to dialogue. They say a picture tells a thousand words, we’ll here’s a prime example.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think Star Wars Rebels goes to Mandalore for an episode or two. I think Sabine got the dark saber from her clan. But it seemed that there was no longer an established government on the planet at the time.

But yeah, between Darth Maul and the empire, Mandalore has had a rough 100 years or so.

Ahh, true, I forgot about that. Dark Saber was awesome. That said, they still appear to be a very splintered people and a planet ravaged by war.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
So was that Tatooine they were on, or are jawas spread all over the galaxy with their sandcrawlers? Regardless that scene was awesome with the sandcrawler. The whole episode was fantastic. It's a little disappointing it was only 30 minutes, but I would rather have a short episode with a tight story vs one that goes on a little too long.

No this is a new planet, Arvala-7.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I assumed the desert planet with Jawas was indeed Tatooine. Would have been nice if this was mentioned somehow during the show (unless I missed it!).

I only know from reddit. I wish it would have said the planned name as his ship entered the planet. I need to rewatch to see when it is actually mentioned what the planet name is.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84 and SCNCY

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Yeah, a lot of stuff based on the Mandalores from Clone Wars. Really enjoying the show so far. I'll agree with others that I hope they explore this universe without having to tie back to specific characters from the original series.

Edit: I stress specific characters, I'm all for exploring the Wookie species and whatever Yoda is...just don't want it to turn in to a "Is Rey a Solo?" thing that's muddied the waters of the new movies so much.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Just finished episode 3...

qRduS.gif

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Loved that all the bounty hunters beacons went off and they immediately turned on The Mandalorian. Did anyone hear the force theme play in the background when he was taking cover in the speeder with baby Yoda? I got chills.

This show has been so well done. I was afraid Disney+ was going to be a bunch of low budget shows but I have enjoyed the original content especially The Mandalorian.

Lastly, has Carl Weathers aged at all since Happy Gilmore? He looks no different!

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Loved that all the bounty hunters beacons went off and they immediately turned on The Mandalorian. Did anyone hear the force theme play in the background when he was talking cover in the speeder with baby Yoda? I got chills.

This show has been so well done. I was afraid Disney+ was going to be a bunch of low budget shows but I have enjoyed the original content especially The Mandalorian.

Lastly, has Carl Weathers aged at all since Happy Gilmore? He looks no different!

The other thing is this is absolutely Disney’s flagship show for their massive new streaming service... and while there really isn’t blood, there is an absolute ton of violence in this show. What’s the on screen body count now? 50? It’s John Wick levels.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The other thing is this is absolutely Disney’s flagship show for their massive new streaming service... and while there really isn’t blood, there is an absolute ton of violence in this show. What’s the on screen body count now? 50? It’s John Wick levels.
I especially liked him disintegrating jawas. Annoying little trash monkeys.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
"They don't seem to like you."

"Probably didn't help that I blew up a bunch of their friends".

Favorite line in episode 2!
And the part where he whips out the flamethrower on them. Hilarious!

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
So my wife and I had differing opinions on Ep 3 - I thought it was awesome but she thought it was the weakest episode thus far. She didn’t understand why the other Mandalorian’s rushed in at the end, and quite frankly I didn’t understand it either: can anyone enlighten?
Is it because “Mando” upholds their values (such as donating a portion of his Beskar to the Foundlings)?

I’m wondering if the reveal at the season finale is that Mando is not actually of Mandalore and therefore not an actual Mandalorian. Clearly he has this guilt or hurtful memory when the armor is being forged. I’m wondering if he was saved by a Mandalorian as a child and that is why he helps Baby Yoda.

Reactions: khardbored

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
So my wife and I had differing opinions on Ep 3 - I thought it was awesome but she thought it was the weakest episode thus far. She didn’t understand why the other Mandalorian’s rushed in at the end, and quite frankly I didn’t understand it either: can anyone enlighten?
Is it because “Mando” upholds their values (such as donating a portion of his Beskar to the Foundlings)?

I’m wondering if the reveal at the season finale is that Mando is not actually of Mandalore and therefore not an actual Mandalorian. Clearly he has this guilt or hurtful memory when the armor is being forged. I’m wondering if he was saved by a Mandalorian as a child and that is why he helps Baby Yoda.

I agree with your wife. 3 has been the weakest episode and the plot progression seemed a bit rushed ... Mando disagrees with one of his "brother" mandalorians, they scuffle, armor making lady reprimands them, they all rush to his defense 12 minutes later.

It's still quite good, ep. 3 was just a bit less good to me. They can totally redeem that still by getting into a better explanation of the Mandalorian (culture) backstory. I shouldn't have to read EU stuff to understand it.

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
Interesting video on Mandalorian/Rise of Skywalker.

Ep7 of Mandelorian comes out the week before RoS. Then Ep8 of Mandelorian the week later.

Mandalorian is 5 years after the death of Palpatine. Will he be brought back to life in Mandalorian? Then Ep1-7 lead up to the events of the newest Star Wars trilogy?