Tesla Cybertruck

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I see a lot of people talking about not being able to access the bed from the side. I'm 6"2 and when I had a Ram (for 6 months) I don't remember it being easy to access anything from the side because it was so tall.

It's probably similar to a Honda Ridgeline. "Real truck" people don't consider it a real truck but for 75% of the users, it does the job and the people who actually own them, love them.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I should have added that this probably will hinge on if Elon can get it in the commercial vehicle world on board. The mileage numbers are pretty insane for the price point especially compared to Rivian. If Telsa can move into the utility truck world, which is possible, this will go well for them. Also, there is military application to that truck, so don't count out the US military.

I guess maybe this makes sense as a military truck design. Maybe he was looking at the F22 and thought that this truck should match that styling?

download.jpeg

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I see a lot of people talking about not being able to access the bed from the side. I'm 6"2 and when I had a Ram (for 6 months) I don't remember it being easy to access anything from the side because it was so tall.

It's probably similar to a Honda Ridgeline. "Real truck" people don't consider it a real truck but for 75% of the users, it does the job and the people who actually own them, love them.
I mean it tows 14000 pounds too and the 0-60 time.. people act like it might not function as a truck?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I like Elon, but looks to me like a city boy designed a truck not knowing what truck drivers want in a truck. Should have watched a few less movies and visited a few more farms.
I doubt farmers are the target demographic. A vast majority of new trucks sales to people living in large and medium-sized cities that will rarely see dirt.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I mean it tows 14000 pounds too and the 0-60 time.. people act like it might not function as a truck?

I don't know if people realize how incredible these numbers are. It will out tow any 1500/1/2 ton on the road today and accelerate like a $400k Ferrari 812 superfast.

What a time to be alive. Tesla is going to make everyone step up their game. This is even before we talk about things like self driving, where Tesla is also ruling.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Its what Col Decker’s men drive in the episode of A Team where Murdoch falls asleep and has a dream about the future.

I was thinking it looks like what they are driving in the future in T2.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I should have added that this probably will hinge on if Elon can get it in the commercial vehicle world on board. The mileage numbers are pretty insane for the price point especially compared to Rivian. If Telsa can move into the utility truck world, which is possible, this will go well for them. Also, there is military application to that truck, so don't count out the US military.

Would the US military really go electric for an all purpose type vehicle? I have a hard time believing they’d rely on charging stations. You can take extra fuel anywhere and fill in the matter of a couple minutes.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
A little side bar....

Was watching CNBC yesterday. They described this truck as looking like something from Blade Runner.

Some (correctly) said that might not be the right look for the middle of America

Another guy said he didn't think Midwesterners even knew about the movie Blade Runner. Come on. I'm not a fan of the Midwest and this is garbage looking truck, but we have access to 30 year old movies.

Bag of dicks
Blade Runner? Must of missed it while I was watching Lawrence Welk.

• Funny
Reactions: Macloney

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
A little side bar....

Was watching CNBC yesterday. They described this truck as looking like something from Blade Runner.

Some (correctly) said that might not be the right look for the middle of America

Another guy said he didn't think Midwesterners even knew about the movie Blade Runner. Come on. I'm not a fan of the Midwest and this is garbage looking truck, but we have access to 30 year old movies.

Bag of dicks
I don't know about Blade Runner, but I was thinking if you painted it tan and brown it would look like it drove right of the set of Megaforce.

220px-Megaforceposter.jpg

Reactions: C.John

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I mean there was a blade runner movie in 2017.

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
it doesn't look like anything else on the road because other car companies have to actually make something people will drive because it doesn't look like something a 2nd grader designed as a cool future vehicle.

I understand that. There is a reason why every Camry, Fusion, Accord, etc look largely the same. Same goes for trucks and SUVs. I drive an FJ Cruiser because it is unique.

I do think Tesla will either redesign this one, or come out with a more traditional truck before this goes to production. Musk's ego will push this to be something for a couple of years though. He said from the beginning this will be polarizing, and he was right. Part of me thinks it was designed this way because of it being polarizing. He knew that it would get people talking, and the majority wouldn't like it. If it looked just like the Rivian (which is a good looking truck) the excitement would fade much faster than having something with some controversy.