Grass Lots Closed yet again for the Kansas Game

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They're not going to tear those fields out. The lots that they are talking about are across S. 16th from the student lot and then the lot in between the new IR fields. Maybe G6 too.

If they pave the lot in between those fields (looks right now like partial gravel with the rest grass), that is around 4 of the D lots or probably 5 S lots. Pedestrian bridge goes right from the west edge of those lots straight into the stadium. RV people from the D lots are going to have further to walk, but there IS going to be more paved parking.

This illustrates it better

qePP8G0.png
though disregard the grass\gravel as it sounds like it would all be paved

Reactions: Jerms

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

qePP8G0.png

Still wondering where the precious spots will be for us poor, displaced RV people.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
With break technically started they may not be patrolling/turning you away from MWL.

dsreid

Dec 7, 2007
NW Iowa
Yeah, I'm curious best place to park will be? I will be walking with a 4 month old strapped in so shorter distances is better :)

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

qePP8G0.png

How in the world do they plan to get the traffic in and out of those lots. They are freaking backwards. IM fields need to be farther and the lots next to the road.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How in the world do they plan to get the traffic in and out of those lots. They are freaking backwards. IM fields need to be farther and the lots next to the road.

In a Tailgater's perspective, sure. jimlad.png
Make it accessible for us 7 times per year, not hundreds of times for students. It's our donations, not their tuition that is paying Campbell's salary.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Honestly, they need to put bar codes on the parking passes and give the parking attendants bar code guns. That would allow the passes to be transferred electronically. I have one that I would give to someone or sell, but it's too late to mail it.

I'd prefer a real gun that they can shoot drivers who turn into permit lots without a permit. I think I've had to wait for some jackwagon 4/6 games so far to turn around so I can pull in

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'd prefer a real gun that they can shoot drivers who turn into permit lots without a permit. I think I've had to wait for some jackwagon 4/6 games so far to turn around so I can pull in

Can we do this for morons who think driving in to the stadium lots after the game is a great idea? Insane that the traffic people allow that

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
ISU actually took over some property from Coldwater and will be connecting 16th street to 4th street. My guess is there will be some back way out to the new road and a south way out.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Is parking at the Towers still available or is that closed off now? What about M-W-L?

Last weekend they were parking people across the road from the Towers to the South. It looked like a church, but my son thought it was an ISU building.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
The parking staff needs some training. Why do they allow non-G7 permits holders to enter the drive to vet med then have them do a U-turn?

People doing left hand turns into vet med should not be allowed. It creates backed up traffic and people passing on the right where people were walking

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Can we do this for morons who think driving in to the stadium lots after the game is a great idea? Insane that the traffic people allow that
My favorite is when the tow trucks show up at the end of the game when folks are trying to leave. I suppose there are only so many tow trucks.....Anyway, I assume there will be almost no parking workers Saturday due to Thanksgiving break.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I definitely think that they need another entrance on to University. That would be a huge cluster getting that many people out of one entrance.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Where do the students tailgate when the grass lots are closed? Is there a main spot, like the Hanson Ag Bldg? Or does it just spread all over?