SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
How so? He doesn’t have any this year.
So Iowa puts out fake news?
Screenshot-20191121-170056-Samsung-capture.jpg

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
That's weird even Iowa football players and Twitter said they got a top 10 win Saturday but the AP poll has them at #11
Absolutely, on Saturday they were top ten. Now they’re #11. This isn’t difficult.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Absolutely, on Saturday they were top ten. Now they’re #11. This isn’t difficult.
No, it is difficult because you keep changing the goal posts. Lol Iowa got a top 10 win on Saturday. That is a fact. Iowa State got a ranked victory on Saturday. That is also a fact. It's the same argument I believe you made when you said WVU last year wasn't a top 10 win because they didn't finish that way. You don't take away a ranked victory or a top 10 victory just because they dropped in the rankings. If Iowa would've lost, Iowa would've lost to a top 10 team and if Iowa State would've lost, we would've lost to a top 25 team. The only reason Minnesota and Texas dropped was because Iowa State and Iowa beat them. Had we lost, you would be on here claiming Purdy had a chance at a ranked victory but fell short. It's a dumb game you're playing right now.

Here's another example, when Iowa, Iowa State, and UNI all beat different #1 teams in the nation in basketball a few years ago, I doubt anyone exclaimed "Well technically they didn't beat the #1 team because that team isn't #1 anymore." Don't be a "technically" or a "well actually" guy.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
No, it is difficult because you keep changing the goal posts. Lol Iowa got a top 10 win on Saturday. That is a fact. Iowa State got a ranked victory on Saturday. That is also a fact. It's the same argument I believe you made when you said WVU last year wasn't a top 10 win because they didn't finish that way. You don't take away a ranked victory or a top 10 victory just because they dropped in the rankings. If Iowa would've lost, Iowa would've lost to a top 10 team and if Iowa State would've lost, we would've lost to a top 25 team. The only reason Minnesota and Texas dropped was because Iowa State and Iowa beat them. Had we lost, you would be on here claiming Purdy had a chance at a ranked victory but fell short. It's a dumb game you're playing right now.

Here's another example, when Iowa, Iowa State, and UNI all beat different #1 teams in the nation in basketball a few years ago, I doubt anyone exclaimed "Well technically they didn't beat the #1 team because that team isn't #1 anymore." Don't be a "technically" or a "well actually" guy.
Haven't changed any goal posts.

As long as the "at the time....or when they played" qualifier is added it's accurate.

On saturday ISU beat a ranked team. When assessing the season right now they didn't because Texas isn't currently ranked. If Texas climbs back into the rankings by the end of the season ISU will have beaten a ranked team in the final assessment of the season.

• Dislike
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Haven't changed any goal posts.

As long as the "at the time....or when they played" qualifier is added it's accurate.

On saturday ISU beat a ranked team. When assessing the season right now they didn't because Texas isn't currently ranked. If Texas climbs back into the rankings by the end of the season ISU will have beaten a ranked team in the final assessment of the season.
So if Minnesota drops it's next two games and gets thrown out of the rankings, Iowa does not have a top 10 victory or a ranked win this season, got it. Lol

• Funny
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
So if Minnesota drops it's next two games and gets thrown out of the rankings, Iowa does not have a top 10 victory or a ranked win this season, got it. Lol
Yes, that's how it works.

At the end of the season, whatever Minnesota is ranked is what I'm going with when assessing the season.

When you bring up previous seasons schedules and results on espn or pretty much any service it shows what the team was ranked at the end of the season. It doesn't bring up the ranking when the game was played.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes, that's how it works.

At the end of the season, whatever Minnesota is ranked is what I'm going with when assessing the season.

When you bring up previous seasons schedules and results on espn or pretty much any service it shows what the team was ranked at the end of the season. It doesn't bring up the ranking when the game was played.
False. sports-reference.com is a great site that shows statistics/results for every single season for a school, player, etc. It shows the AP ranking for the week you played the team. Great site for gathering information.

Also, since you're claiming you're correct, why did the CFP committee talk about LSU's 4 top-10 wins this year when bringing up their resume this week, but when I look at LSU's schedule, only two of those teams are currently rated in the top-10? So you're claiming they actually do not have 4 top-10 wins? Did those games never happen?

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
False. sports-reference.com is a great site that shows statistics/results for every single season for a school, player, etc. It shows the AP ranking for the week you played the team. Great site for gathering information.

Also, since you're claiming you're correct, why did the CFP committee talk about LSU's 4 top-10 wins this year when bringing up their resume this week, but when I look at LSU's schedule, only two of those teams are currently rated in the top-10? So you're claiming they actually do not have 4 top-10 wins? Did those games never happen?
Go ahead and count 6-4 unranked Texas as a ranked win. It's a free country.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Go ahead and count 6-4 unranked Texas as a ranked win. It's a free country.
Although I will gladly do that. Your statement doesn't answer my question. Lol why does the committee say LSU has 4 top-10 victories, when in the current rankings, they only have two?

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Although I will gladly do that. Your statement doesn't answer my question. Lol why does the committee say LSU has 4 top-10 victories, when in the current rankings, they only have two?
No idea....wasn't in on the committee meetings.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No idea....wasn't in on the committee meetings.
Exactly lol. I mean I'm not sure why you're on the opposite side here. Your argument literally hurts your team's resume, but owning Purdy is more important I guess!

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Exactly lol. I mean I'm not sure why you're on the opposite side here. Your argument literally hurts your team's resume, but owning Purdy is more important I guess!
Not looking to fluff resumes. More concerned with an accurate assessment of the season.