Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
What is the deal with coaches' spouses in Iowa City? First Ferentz's wife being an ass about that whole driveway deal and McCafferys' wife continuing to be a freaking nutjob with anger issues.

I think they are actually probably very nice people, these are just stunts to endear themselves with the Hok fan base.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I guess I don't understand why Hawk fans are arguing Foster coming to Iowa State because he has a better shot at the NBA. If I want to be an attorney I don't go to Iowa State. I go to Drake or Iowa. If I want to be in Vet Med I don't go to Iowa. I go to Iowa State. If I want to be a teacher I probably would go to UNI. If I want to be an NBA player, well Iowa State has a bunch. Iowa has none or 1 if you count cook, Drake has zero and UNI has zero. That makes a ton of sense why Foster would go to Iowa State.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I guess I don't understand why Hawk fans are arguing Foster coming to Iowa State because he has a better shot at the NBA. If I want to be an attorney I don't go to Iowa State. I go to Drake or Iowa. If I want to be in Vet Med I don't go to Iowa. I go to Iowa State. If I want to be a teacher I probably would go to UNI. If I want to be an NBA player, well Iowa State has a bunch. Iowa has none or 1 if you count cook, Drake has zero and UNI has zero. That makes a ton of sense why Foster would go to Iowa State.

Lesson #1 from 'How to be a Hok Fan Charm School' -

1) Hoks are better at everything
2) If it appears we are not better at something, see #1.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
[QUOTE="inCyteful, post: 6905171, member: 14101"]I will shoot 25 FTs to North Florida's 6

Wonder if there is a line on that...[/QUOTE]
Will there a live feed of your game? Will it be at the YMCA or your driveway?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I generally follow the Hoks (i.e. view some of each of their games) early in the season - 'cuz I'm always curious as to how they "look" compared to the Cyclones. When I watch the game tonight, there will be two things I am hoping to get answered: 1) How long will I have to keep my shades on after the starting line-ups are introduced and 2) is this the game that JorBo does NOT play in (to keep his eligibility for Iowa's Superbowl on the 12th)?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I will shoot 25 FTs to North Florida's 6

Wonder if there is a line on that...
I think Iowa will shoot at least that number tonight. If they make above 70% of them, while holding the Ospreys to less than 10 attempts, I think the Hoks will cover. But I would be VERY HAPPY to be wrong!!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I don't know unfortunately even the casual fans caught wind of his 2020 recruiting class and they're not happy

But has Fran's biggest supporter Barta seen the class? Gary's been consistent at ignoring the fan displeasure, empty seats in Carver and past recruiting years...
Barta's the only one who needs to be upset to make a move and as long as BiG network money is flowing to IC he's happy.

(and IMO doesn't want spend his time on a coaching search. That or Fran has the tapes, and considering Greg's history it is possible)

• Creative
Reactions: MuskieCy

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Iowa State 30 foul shots Southern Miss 2
That was definitely a crazy stat. If you look at the season averages this year: ISU averages 13 FTA vs Opponent's 6 FTA per game. Iowa? 22 to (just under) 9 per game. If you take out that Southern Miss "outlier," Iowa State had 44 total FTA vs 41 for its opponents (basically a wash).
Again, kudos for Iowa in utilizing the "getting to the FT line" strategy to enhance its offense. I think that is part of Iowa's large number of FT attempts. But, I also get annoyed by Fran or any Hawkeye fan when they complain about NOT getting the calls, or griping about the opponent shooting more FTs than them. Sometimes it is poor officiating, sometimes the strategy of "selling the foul" does NOT work, and is NOT due to the officials being a bunch of cheatin' M*****f******. (BTW, this is NOT implying that you are in that camp).

Help Support Us

Become a patron