Socks...

When I put my socks on in the morning, I...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
socks are the worst. putting socks on in the morning is the worst part of my day, and the best part? You guessed it; it is when i get home and take them off.

used to wear flip flops and slides all year in Ames. Like, I HATE SOCKS. Only reason I wear them now is because I don't want my shoes to smell, so I get the thinnest socks Amazon offers.

Someone like yourself may want to invest in some socks that are made for left and right feet. Ya know, the fancy ones where there isn't that irritating, useless wad of fabric above your small toes.

I bought a six-pack of Nike Dry Fit socks that had left and right feet and they fit perfect. Wore them out and can't find more of them. The ones I've ordered have been knock-offs and they suck.

I'm now wearing the thin Under Armour socks and while I like them well enough, I would prefer to find more of the others.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I work from home so none of this applies to me. But we have wood floors throughout, including all stairs and if your socks don’t have grip on the bottom you’re taking your life in to your own hands.
DifferentPlayfulFalcon-small.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
People talking about taking a sock off because it has a hole in it. Pffft. If a sock has a hole in it I wear it one last time. Never throw out clean socks or clean underwear. If it is a sock style that I have multiple pairs I just throw out the holey one. The other one is ready to pair with the next orphan when I get a hole in one again.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Also, I wear just socks around the house in the winter and bare feet in the summer. When I go out I put the shoes on. I will often wear slippers of some sort in the winter - and yes, I occasionally have moccasins as slippers. If I am going to someone else's house - especially if they have pets - I will often bring the slippers/mocs along so I am not getting my socks all pet hairy (or worse).

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I work from home so none of this applies to me. But we have wood floors throughout, including all stairs and if your socks don’t have grip on the bottom you’re taking your life in to your own hands.

My stairs to the lower lever are oak threads. In socks it's like a black double diamond ski run. I am probably going to die on those stairs.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Anyone have those socks that have individual toes? My sister was wearing a pair and our nephew (about 2yo) saw them flipped the **** OUT!

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
When we had to dress our girls to get ready for daycare, I had to rub my middle daughter's feet and toes when putting on her socks, because the seams of the socks drove her nuts.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
When we had to dress our girls to get ready for daycare, I had to rub my middle daughter's feet and toes when putting on her socks, because the seams of the socks drove her nuts.

Apparently I used to be driven crazy by sock seams as a baby, because my mom would always put my socks on inside out (the foldover kind, I mean). I just thought that was how you wear socks when I got old enough to dress myself, so I kept doing it. I was at least in my 20s before someone asked me WTF I was doing.

Also - THIS STUDY is why you don't wear shoes in the damn house.

• Winner
Reactions: STATE12

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Anyone have those socks that have individual toes? My sister was wearing a pair and our nephew (about 2yo) saw them flipped the **** OUT!

My second and third toe are webbed on both feet so I cant wear them. :(

• Friendly
Reactions: oldman

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
My stairs to the lower lever are oak threads. In socks it's like a black double diamond ski run. I am probably going to die on those stairs.

Hardwoods on the main level and oak treads on the stairs to the top. You are not wrong that you're cheating death by doing those in socks.

We went ahead and got some of these little carpet runners to stick on them. Much safer, and now the dog can go up and down the stairs as he pleases.

51IhKvLMSlL.jpg

Reactions: harimad

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Hardwoods on the main level and oak treads on the stairs to the top. You are not wrong that you're cheating death by doing those in socks.

We went ahead and got some of these little carpet runners to stick on them. Much safer, and now the dog can go up and down the stairs as he pleases.

51IhKvLMSlL.jpg

As I scrolled down and back a little too quickly looking at this pic, my mind kept telling me to stop. It was like looking at an MC Escher flip-book.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I always wear my socks inside out so those pesky seams don’t irritate my tender toes.

Need better socks, may I suggest Darn Tough socks made in Vermont. Wait for a sale though they are kind of pricey. They do stand by their warranty though had a pair get a hole in the ankle for some reason replaced them no problem.

Reactions: Angie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
People talking about taking a sock off because it has a hole in it. Pffft. If a sock has a hole in it I wear it one last time. Never throw out clean socks or clean underwear. If it is a sock style that I have multiple pairs I just throw out the holey one. The other one is ready to pair with the next orphan when I get a hole in one again.

It is a fact:

A sock with a hole over one toe only throws the whole day off.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron