Big 12 FB Mailbag from UT: Love for ISU tailgate scene

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://www.heartlandcollegesports....ig-12-brands-neal-browns-trajectory-and-more/

"Before I begin, I just want to thank Cyclone Nation for showing me a great time up in Iowa. I got to check out Exile Brewing, Barn Town Brewing as well as El Bait Shop which was awesome. Nor to mention, a pork tenderloin sandwich from Nick’s. I still am trying to figure out how to get my hands on some of Hannah beer from Exile down here in Texas. Anyways, Cheers!"

WHAT WAS THE MOST SURPRISING, OR JUST DIFFERENT THAN EXPECTED THING ABOUT VISITING AMES FOR A GAME?
Duke: From a media standpoint, it was very different setup wise I’ll say that. So, it took a bit to get used to where everything was since it was very spread out and there appeared to be still some thing under construction around the stadium. However, the
fans, the tailgates and the environment were awesome. I have been to several Big 12 stadiums including all the ones here in Texas and let me tell you, the tailgate scene in Ames around Jack Trice is above and beyond the places I have been to. What’s even crazier is that when I went this past weekend, the grass lots were closed so I could only imagine what it would have looked like when it was completely full. But man, the friendliness of the people was unreal, and I felt like I could have stopped at any tailgate and they would have welcomed me with a beer and some good food. It truly is a family atmosphere and the passion is insane. I told several people this up there but because of people being so nice, I felt like a long-lost son up there.

Last edited: