Battle 4 Atlantis 2019

3rdCoastClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2017
Gulf Coast of Texas
Four decades ago I was a young sailor in the Navy and our ship stopped in Nassua for a liberty call. Good times. A few of us literally stumbled across this bar and restaurant and it's still there yet today. I've been back to this same place many times over the years and it never disappoints. Not the cheapest but I think they have some of the best seafood on the island. Laid back vibe with a view over the marina. Short taxi ride from Atlantis too.
http://thepoopdeck.com/

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
So possible schedule will be (CST):

Wed: 11am
Thurs: win 1230p, lose 530p
Fri: WW 2pm , WL 1030a, LL 830p

Man it'd be great to beat Michigan and be looking at getting UNC, Oregon or the Zags. We're probably 1-2 in the scenario but it'd fun to play such good programs.

Agreed. Weird things can happen in these early tournaments so it'd be great just to get a shot.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
The bracket actually sets up pretty well for us. We should be fairly evenly matched with Michigan. Get a nice win and then get a chance to play two top 20 type teams. Lose against Michigan and we likely get Alabama who we should be favored against. Win that and we likely get a shot against a top 20 team or if we lose we likely play Southern Miss and should salvage 1-2 in the tournament.

PAClone

Oct 25, 2014
Hey I am about to setup my Airport Car Transfer and gonna ask about to and from Atlantis as well. Did you already set it up? How many people are in your party?

Also anyone looked into swimming with the pigs? Seems kinda pricey and it's not on the same island as Nassau.

I’m heading down with my wife and 2 teenage sons. Haven’t set up airport transfers yet.

I know a few people that have done the swimming with the pigs and they said It was pretty cool, so I looked into it. $400 per person and it takes 8 1/2 hrs so without knowing when we play, makes it kind of tough to schedule. Don’t think we’ll be doing it.

PAClone

Oct 25, 2014
Do y'all know if they sell day passes to Atlantis? Since I am not staying there but wanted to check out the lazy rivers
Stopped at Nassau on a cruise with extended family a few years ago. The ladies went shopping and the boys went to Atlantis. They do have day passes. Seems like it was around $120 each for adults.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I build a Monte Carlo simulation of the Battle 4 Atlantic tournament's outcomes using the Bart Torvik projections of the individual match-ups. Here are some interesting outcomes of the 20,000 simulations overall and for Iowa State specifically...

CHANCE TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

upload_2019-11-20_21-37-26.png

DISTRIBUTION OF IOWA STATE'S OVERALL FINISH

upload_2019-11-20_21-37-31.png

DISTRIBUTION OF IOWA STATE'S OPPONENTS

upload_2019-11-20_21-37-35.png

100% chance of playing Michigan
100% chance of either Alabama or North Carolina
100% chance (cumulatively) of one of the other four participants
31% chance of a rematch with SMU, 24% chance of a rematch with Seton Hall
55% chance of having a repeat non-con opponent this season

Any other questions? Just ask. Thanks!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Would not be surprised if S Hall took it to Oregon in their first game. They nearly toppled Michigan State, who I would consider to be better than Oregon.

Edit: Iowa State/Seton Hall for the championship!

coolmooinlou

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2015
Louisville, Kentucky
We arrive in Nassau (if no delays) at 3:45 pm 11/25. Anyone else arriving at a similar time that would care to share airport transport? I've read Simons is pretty good. The hotel Share Shuttle makes many stops I am told.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
We arrive in Nassau (if no delays) at 3:45 pm 11/25. Anyone else arriving at a similar time that would care to share airport transport? I've read Simons is pretty good. The hotel Share Shuttle makes many stops I am told.

I’m arriving today or else I would. I got mine through these guys and I'll let you know how it goes: https://www.suv-transports.com/

pulse

Mar 24, 2006

You can arrange transportation through Atlantis, just call them or go online with your reservation.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Yes, but I believe that's the Share Shuttle that (maybe) makes lots of stops. Never been to the island, so maybe it's no big deal.

I’ve taken it before, it’s not too bad. There are more resorts since last time I was there so it probably takes a little longer. You can always go to the taxi stand at the airport if you want to get there directly too. Or you can get a private car through your Atlantis reservation which I’ve done also.

Reactions: coolmooinlou

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Did the airport transfer. Got a Mercedes SUV. They were waiting for me immediately outside customs. He took my bags and loaded them up. Drove the 15min to the hotel and told me a little history and things to do on the island. Would recommend.

Also the weather is just ******* perfect right now and the view ain't bad either.

GHFIypG.jpg

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Trying to decide where and how I'm going to watch after work Wednesday. This is what it says about the ESPN app replays: "Replays will be accessible as early as immediately after the conclusion of the event and no later than 2:30 a.m. ET that evening."

Anybody know what the usual is for posting these? Likelihood it will be posted by 4:00?