All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
We actually haven't done this in awhile so thought it would be good to do again. Here's my list. Not much change other than I think Jamahl has really stepped up his game lately.

QB - Purdy
RB - Hall
WR - Pettway
WR - Milton
WR - Jones
TE - Kolar
OL - Wirfs
OL - Downing
OL - JGJ
OL - Jackson
OL - Knipfel

DL - Enyi
DL - Epenesa
DL - Johnson or Lima
DL - Gholston
LB - Rose
LB - Vance
LB - Spears
CB - Ojemudia
CB - Johnson
S - Eisworth
S - Stone

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
We actually haven't done this in awhile so thought it would be good to do again. Here's my list.
QB - Purdy
RB - Hall
WR - Pettway
WR - Milton
WR - Jones
TE - Kolar
OL - Wirfs
OL - Meeker
OL - JGJ
OL - Jackson
OL - Knipfel

DL - Enyi
DL - Epenesa
DL - Johnson or Lima
DL - Gholston
LB - Rose
LB - Vance
LB - Spears
CB - Ojemudia
CB - Johnson
S - Eisworth
S - Stone
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We actually haven't done this in awhile so thought it would be good to do again. Here's my list. Not much change other than I think Jamahl has really stepped up his game lately.

QB - Purdy
RB - Hall
WR - Pettway
WR - Milton
WR - Jones
TE - Kolar
OL - Wirfs
OL - Downing
OL - JGJ
OL - Jackson
OL - Knipfel

DL - Enyi
DL - Epenesa
DL - Johnson or Lima
DL - Gholston
LB - Rose
LB - Vance
LB - Spears
CB - Ojemudia
CB - Johnson
S - Eisworth
S - Stone

Pretty spot on. Man Johnson has been good this year

• Agree
Reactions: SouthernCy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In Purdy's defense. Morgan does have a better group of WRs.
Johnson and Bateman for Minnesota are studs and then there is an enormous dropoff. And Purdy has played a tougher schedule than Minnesota and has put up better numbers than Morgan. Before this two game stretch, Morgan's toughest FBS opponent was Illinois. I say FBS because I think SDSU could beat Illinois this year.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

QB - Purdy
RB - Hall
WR - Pettway
WR - Milton
WR - Jones
TE - Kolar
OL - Wirfs
OL - Downing
OL - JGJ
OL - Jackson
OL - Knipfel

DL - Enyi
DL - Epenesa
DL - Johnson or Lima
DL - Gholston
LB - Rose
LB - Vance
LB - Spears
CB - Ojemudia
CB - Johnson
S - Eisworth
S - Stone
Pretty amazing with a much better and deeper roster that the Clones keep losing to the Hawks. (insert CyTwins "SuperBowl" comment) But Gopher fans also say the same thing. Seems to me that the only conclusion to draw is that ol' Kirk is out coaching both the young superstar coaches (Fleck and Campbell).

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Pretty amazing with a much better and deeper roster that the Clones keep losing to the Hawks. (insert CyTwins "SuperBowl" comment) But Gopher fans also say the same thing. Seems to me that the only conclusion to draw is that ol' Kirk is out coaching both the young superstar coaches (Fleck and Campbell).

nope, Iowa has worse players and coaches for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

It's funny you'll disagree with this but then won't put out your own All Iowa team because you know the one he posted is accurate

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and SouthernCy

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
It's funny you'll disagree with this but then won't put out your own All Iowa team because you know the one he posted is accurate

I’ve watched one ISU game this year and have kept up with box scores and some highlights. How many Iowa games do you guys all watch to accurately post an all state team?

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’ve watched one ISU game this year and have kept up with box scores and some highlights. How many Iowa games do you guys all watch to accurately post an all state team?
I watch just about every Iowa game. There are probably a few positions that could be up in the air and bias takes over in order to choose the position. There are also definitely some positions where it's a clear lock as to who should be there.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Well I know your interior OL and skill position players suck. I know our worst LB is better than your best. The fact you aren't arguing the list just proves I'm right

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: iahawks and Hawkmi

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Well I know your interior OL and skill position players suck. I know our worst LB is better than your best. The fact you aren't arguing the list just proves I'm right

Couple that with terrible coaching and it is amazing the Hawks are ranked in the top 20. Bad coaches and bad players usually means a losing record and not a top 20 ranking.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY