Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I think my wife's goal is to make sure I'll never be able to retire. I'm starting to doubt if she enjoys actually spending time with me in person.
My wife is going on a girls weekend for the 3rd time in 4 weekends. Should I be suspicious or should I just let some other guy pay for her stuff?

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My wife is going on a girls weekend for the 3rd time in 4 weekends. Should I be suspicious or should I just let some other guy pay for her stuff?

Start withdrawing cash from the accounts and stockpile, let the other dude have some fun while you start transferring assets to your name and debt to hers.

Unless these are pillow fight type things, then hide her glasses and “conveniently find them” late at night so you can take them to her around 11 pm or so.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Start withdrawing cash from the accounts and stockpile, let the other dude have some fun while you start transferring assets to your name and debt to hers.

Unless these are pillow fight type things, then hide her glasses and “conveniently find them” late at night so you can take them to her around 11 pm or so.
I assume girls' weekends are all about pillow fights and wearing silky sleepwear. I don't think I'm wrong.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Well, what does she bring back for you?

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012

I was told a story about a group of girls from my wife's HS class that would go on a tropical girls-only trip every year until 2 of them came back pregnant one year and their husbands could pretty easily figure out it wasn't theirs based on timing.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I'd like to make a joke about an STD but I'm finally maturing in my 50's so I won't make that one.

Generally, she comes back with a bunch of questions about why the house is such a mess when she returns.

My wife has given up expecting to return to a clean house if she leaves me alone for anything longer than a few hours

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Absolutely fascinating to see how your mind works.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Milo the dork has been really weird this morning. He's wandering around the upstairs, in & out of the rooms we are in, mewing every few seconds. If I pick him up he cuddles & purrs, then jumps down and starts the wandering again.

I am very close to having only 5 cats right now...

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
The company ISU uses for their background checks could use some retraining.
Not the worst I've seen, but they ain't good. Their call center is beyond awful.
Never had to go through a background check. My last job interview was in the late 80's and those didn't become the norm until well after that. What are they like?

Edit - I did have to have a phone interview with the feds for my AF son, for security clearance purposes as he worked in a vault. But that was just name, parent's names, basic info. NBD.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Never had to go through a background check. My last job interview was in the late 80's and those didn't become the norm until well after that. What are they like?

Generally, you're not involved. You just sign or click consent, some company does their thing, and you're done.

This one had an online form to submit info. I went with the simple version on my education, left out a year of grad school from 1995-6, and that caused them concern that our enrollment dates didn't match.

It's a thing that any rational person could shrug off, since the school had verified my degree in advance, but it was a bother of a phone call.
Call center guy had the expected accent troubles, but also could not leave his script at all to talk through the simple scenario. I went ahead and signed off on their incorrect version by telling him, "Well, you're right enough. Go with it."

They should have wasted their time on my criminal past instead of something that's already finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.