MSU fans discussing new coach. Campbell on their shortlist. Funny stuff

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I don’t think he goes but it’s not going to be because they can’t pay him. Their athletic revenue is approximately double ours. And the gap is about to widen again. And as far as being able to win, they were in the CFP 4 seasons ago.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Seems like in two years Campbell could land a top college job or a non-dumpster fire NFL job.
In the next two years whose better set up to win a conference title, ISU or MSU?
When comparing the current state of each program, ISU is closer to a Big 12 title than MSU and a Big 10 title. Heck, you could even argue ISU is closer to a Big 12 title than MSU is to winning their division.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Remember what JP said the last time CMC was rumored to be going to every school that had an opening?....Something to the effect that the big buyout was Matt Campbell's idea as he has no intention of going anywhere else. And with the culture and talent he has brought to ISU I believe that is true.:)

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
If Campbell wanted to leave there would be better programs than MSU to go to
There is no denying Michigan State has WAY more football history than we do, but in the current day I would need it to be explained to me how Michigan State is a better job than Iowa State and how it's not just a lateral move.

We're in position to finish (tied for) 3rd in the Big 12. And that's finishing 3rd to the upper echelon teams in Oklahoma and Texas (or at least should be an upper echelon team).

It just seems like the best result that could happen at Michigan State is 3rd in the Big Ten behind upper echelon teams in Ohio State and Michigan (or at least should be an upper echelon team).

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I want you guys to close your eyes......and imagine this. Imagine....Matt Campbell.....standing up at a podium. In front of a bunch of athletic department employees. In front of a bunch of reporters. And players. And fans. And doing.....this:

.....what's that? You can't imagine that? Neither can I.

• Funny
Reactions: wclarson

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I don’t understand why people think Arkansas is a horrible job. That’s strange. Beilima left Wisky for that job. They have crap loads of booster money. They were at one point a top ten team year in and year out. They have a newer stadium. The campus is killer.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Campbell has job security at ISU right now and a fan base and administration that is going to do whatever it takes to keep him at ISU so what does MSU have to offer right now that ISU doesn't? Ohio State, Alabama, Notre Dame, or a high profile NFL franchise is about the only jobs right now I would have legit concerns losing him to if they made the call. Like he said when he took the job, ISU is a sleeping giant and based on the program he is building right now how could you argue any job has more to offer than the program he has built at ISU right now? I think ISU is setup for a huge season in 2020 right now with all the underclassmen talent this program has right now.

All the close losses this year has shown us just how close we have been to a record setting season this year had a few plays gone our way.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I don’t understand why people think Arkansas is a horrible job. That’s strange. Beilima left Wisky for that job. They have crap loads of booster money. They were at one point a top ten team year in and year out. They have a newer stadium. The campus is killer.

They have the second worst roster in the P5 to go along with a 14 game conference losing streak while in a division with Alabama, Auburn, LSU and Texas aTm. They are ****** for years.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I don’t think he goes but it’s not going to be because they can’t pay him. Their athletic revenue is approximately double ours. And the gap is about to widen again. And as far as being able to win, they were in the CFP 4 seasons ago.
While not deep inside I do I know there are 2-4 donors that are motivated to keep coach. We shall see.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

and belima got his ass fired in like 3 years.

That’s a ****** job now. Killer campus or not.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Arkansas is laughable, but MSU is not. I don't think he will take it, but I am certainly not confident enough not to just dismiss it and laugh it off. This one is probably 5 or 6 on the list of jobs to be concerned about.

MSU is absolutely laughable. They are still dealing with the sex scandal due to Larry Nassar which every few months someone new from the MSU board of trustees and/or other leadership gets arrested for their involvement, so even years later, even with a new president, leadership from the top of the university level down is still extremely turbulent. Not to mention one of the things that attracted Campbell to ISU was game day atmosphere. Game days at MSU are a complete joke because MSU leadership goes out of their way to discourage it. Tailgaters are inconvenienced to the point where it's not worth it and as a result it's practically nonexistent. And you rarely see long, overnight lines for students because they're harassed by campus police all evening.

Anyone who thinks MSU is a serious contender to steal Campbell away from ISU doesn't realize how much of a dumpster fire MSU is currently.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I wouldn't discount MSU. I was hoping they would win against Michigan but nope. Ohio State's job is out for years. Michigan is out for years, same with Penn State. Campbell's base is in that area. Well, MSU fits the bill. And for others saying MSU is a dumpster fire record wise, ISU was that when CMC got here. Hope he stays to see us to the top of the Big 12 and higher.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Sorry, I don't think ISU is Campbell's destination job. He came here because of the big salary upgrade, a P5 job, and certainly his comfort level with Pollard.
Campbell may not leave for MSU, but I'd bet he takes the phone call. That school has many things going for it.
Then why does Campbell keep agreeing to large buyouts?

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34 and aauummm

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This comment made me laugh. From that board:
“Why cherry pick one game? In seven seasons, former HC Paul Rhoads finished above .500 one time, when he went 7-6 his first year. Campbell is about to post three straight winning seasons out of four years. May not sound that remarkable, but it's Iowa freaking State.”

Yes assh*le, you are right. It’s Iowa ******* State.