MSU fans discussing new coach. Campbell on their shortlist. Funny stuff

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Firing Dantonio would be MSU's Tom Davis move. It's not Dantonio's fault the media had them over rated by being the preseason top 25.
Amusing how much the Sparty fans think the Big10 rep is worth in recruiting circles.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Firing Dantonio would be MSU's Tom Davis move. It's not Dantonio's fault the media had them over rated by being the preseason top 25.
Amusing how much the Sparty fans think the Big10 rep is worth in recruiting circles.

The difference is Tom Davis was still winning at Iowa, while Dantonio peaked the playoff year (and some would argue it actually peaked before the playoff year and things just fell the right way the playoff year). Things aren’t going to get better while Dantonio is still coach because he refuses to change with the times or fire his buddies (assistant coaches).

That being said, any MSU fan that thinks they’re the ideal place for Campbell is delusional.

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
It really makes me chuckle to think fanbases from Arkansas, MSU, etc could attract Campbell. If coach goes to ND, OSU, or NFL then oh well, but he’s not going to give up what he’s built to go to a below average SEC or B1G school.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I cracked up at the guy who said "which is more appealing? Arkansas or MSU?"

Lmao, who would leave Ames for either of those dumpster fires? Let's see, the SEC West afterthought/LSU-Bama-Auburn cupcake, or #3 out of 3 on the list of the Top Three Big Ten East kiddie diddler schools?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
From the posters in the link: "all true...as I've said we need an AD first and foremost. I still say a guy like Candle at Toledo is more realistic or maybe Fickell if he's interested. Campbell? GTFO here...just won't happen."

There are voices with valid points knowing Campbell has little interest in MSU and the money point is a big hurdle. It is not likely to happen. Go fish.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Sorry, I don't think ISU is Campbell's destination job. He came here because of the big salary upgrade, a P5 job, and certainly his comfort level with Pollard.
Campbell may not leave for MSU, but I'd bet he takes the phone call. That school has many things going for it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sorry, I don't think ISU is Campbell's destination job. He came here because of the big salary upgrade, a P5 job, and certainly his comfort level with Pollard.
Campbell may not leave for MSU, but I'd bet he takes the phone call. That school has many things going for it.
If he didn’t give the Jets the time of day, why would he give Michigan State?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
If he didn’t give the Jets the time of day, why would he give Michigan State?

Because the guy you responded to hopes he leaves with every pore of his being, because he continues to make his hero Mac look like the joke he was.

he also is a huge fan of the former president at penn st that enabled little boys to be anally raped.

real winner that guy. Funny he doesn’t think Campbell is that good. But he’s praying every single ******* day he leaves.

that is very hawk fan like, isn’t it!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
MSU go look at what’s going on at Neb since Solich was fired. Also didn’t you just have a sex scandal at your school? The last place CMC will be going is where corruption is rampant.

Looking at Baylor I'd figure rape and murder scandals are great for a program.