All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
BLAHAHAHAHAHAHA So the hill you're going to die on is Mike Freaking Riley??? BLAHAHAHAHA
Hey, Mike Riley went to back-to-back bowl games and won a combined 15 games in his first two years. Frost is gonna have to win @ Maryland and then against Iowa or else it'll be two 4 win seasons in a row for the beloved prodigy.

And that's not me saying Mike Riley was good, because he wasn't leading the program in the right direction. Just hilarious that Frost hasn't moved that program an inch from the Riley days.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
BLAHAHAHAHAHAHA So the hill you're going to die on is Mike Freaking Riley??? BLAHAHAHAHA
I just answered a question. This is not a live or die discussion. Mike Riley and Paul Chryst left P5 jobs to move to the BIG 10 west. Are there examples of that happening in the BIG 12? CyTwins seems to think its coaching Shangri-La. I think coaches go where the $$$$ is.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I just answered a question. This is not a live or die discussion. Mike Riley and Paul Chryst left P5 jobs to move to the BIG 10 west. Are there examples of that happening in the BIG 12? CyTwins seems to think its coaching Shangri-La. I think coaches go where the $$$$ is.
It doesn't happen as much as you think. If you're a good P5 coach, you usually stay at where you're at. Most P5 coaches end up hiring within the staff or find an up and coming coach from a G5 school. And it's not always about the money. Campbell and Gundy both could've gone to Tennessee, who has some of the most money in the nation, but they chose to stay at their respective programs.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
It doesn't happen as much as you think. If you're a good P5 coach, you usually stay at where you're at. Most P5 coaches end up hiring within the staff or find an up and coming coach from a G5 school. And it's not always about the money. Campbell and Gundy both could've gone to Tennessee, who has some of the most money in the nation, but they chose to stay at their respective programs.
I agree. It really doesn't happen much. Often it's to a coaches Alma Mater or he has former ties there.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Whatever dude. You got Lovie Smith in the big 10 so I guess that's going for ya.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
so 1 example over 20 years ago and 1 not really an example because Lousville hadn't joined the ACC yet? To quote your pal "is that the hill you're going to die on?"

I never said coaches leave P5 schools to go to the Big 12. I am sure their are more examples than that. Texas A&M poached Bama's coach back in the Big 12 days too I think

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Depends....if they're 1 or 2 spots higher and the Hawks are 9 spots higher in Sagarin the composite would point to the Hawks.
Oh, so now you're saying that the true ranking of the team is an average of the CFP and the Sagarin ranking? So if ISU comes in ranked at 25 in the CFP and is currently 18th in Sagarin, we are good to claim we are ranked at 21.5?

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Oh, so now you're saying that the true ranking of the team is an average of the CFP and the Sagarin ranking? So if ISU comes in ranked at 25 in the CFP and is currently 18th in Sagarin, we are good to claim we are ranked at 21.5?
Sure....if we're going to use both metrics, why not? :)

Not sure why Clone fans would have a problem with that....

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I do. How about the Clones? Better than Memphis?
I think both Iowa State and Iowa are better than Memphis. This Memphis team reminds me of the exact same one we beat two years ago and I think we're better than we were two years ago. Not saying Memphis couldn't beat either team, but from the "eye test" measurement, both Iowa State and Iowa are better teams.

If Iowa State and Iowa got to play the Memphis schedule, they'd probably both be undefeated.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I think both Iowa State and Iowa are better than Memphis. This Memphis team reminds me of the exact same one we beat two years ago and I think we're better than we were two years ago. Not saying Memphis couldn't beat either team, but from the "eye test" measurement, both Iowa State and Iowa are better teams.

If Iowa State and Iowa got to play the Memphis schedule, they'd probably both be undefeated.
I absolutely agree.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Would anyone dispute that Breece Hall is the best RB in the state of Iowa?

• Agree
Reactions: GTO