• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Wouldn't you be worried about a bit of Marvel fatigue? I certainly feel it. Infinity War and Endgame were epic. And I love love loved Far From Home. But I'm ready for a bit of time off. I can't be the only person out there feeling that way.

I think their waiting is a combination of avoiding what you are talking about, while also leaving some level of finality to the end of The Infinity Saga. I feel the quicker they could have just jumped right in, the less of a finale Endgame would have felt like. I also think them wanting to avoid spoilers to Endgame also played into this lull on the back end of it. If there was a bunch of movies lined up behind Endgame, production, announcements and leaks would have been inevitable prior to Endgame, and they didn't want any of that.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Breakdown for Marvel films (by release date) 2020-2023:
  • May 1, 2020: Black Widow
  • November 6, 2020: The Eternals
  • February 12, 2021: Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  • May 7, 2021: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  • July 16, 2021: Spider-Man*
  • November 5, 2021: Thor: Love and Thunder
  • February 18, 2022: Untitled
  • May 5, 2022: Black Panther 2
  • July 29, 2022: Untitled
  • Oct. 7, 2022: Untitled
  • Feb. 17, 2023: Untitled
  • May 5, 2023: Untitled
  • July 28, 2023: Untitled
  • Nov. 3, 2023: Untitled

https://io9.gizmodo.com/dont-worry-your-marvel-movies-arent-stopping-anytime-s-1839899874

*The article somehow missed adding the third Tom Holland Spider-Man film which has a confirmed release date, so I added it to the list.

Speculation Time:
7 dates are opened up. We already know Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and Ant-Man 3 are next up for Phase 5. I'm guessing Blade is also one of those titles since Mahershala Ali was announced as playing Blade. I would also consider Captain Marvel 2 a safe bet. That leaves 3 open dates. Feige has alluded to Fantastic 4 and X-Men, but has said it would take awhile to get them developed. I could see maybe one of those 2023 dates belonging to either FF or X-Men, but not both. Some other picks:

* Deadpool 3 as an "unofficially/offical" MCU film - complete the Ryan Reynolds trilogy, but not have it part of the MCU "canon", similar to Joker.

*SWORD - fans are thinking that SWORD was alluded to at the end of Spider-Man FFH. Could be a film to bring-back Nick Fury and introduce some Mutants as well.

I think your speculation is fairly accurate. I'd be totally shocked if one of those release dates isn't The Fantasic 4. Past that, I really don't necessarily have a clue. I really do think the X-Men will be a VERY slow play into the MCU, with The Fantastic 4 maybe coming much earlier beforehand.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I don't get their thinking, why leave a year long dead spot when you're knocking everything out of the park?

Maybe they are a little wary after the Star Wars overload experienced with Solo. Solo is actually a pretty decent movie but got crushed by SW fatigue.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Maybe they are a little wary after the Star Wars overload experienced with Solo. Solo is actually a pretty decent movie but got crushed by SW fatigue.

I agree. Minus the fact that Alden was the wrong casting for Han Solo, it really wasn't THAT BAD of a movie.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://tvline.com/2019/11/18/marvels-runaways-final-season-3-trailer/

Kevin Feige seems to be cleaning shop on the last remnants of Marvel TV by officially cancelling Runaways after Season 3 comes out. Essentially, all this would leave remaining out there of Marvel TV would be the upcoming final season of Agents of Shield, as well as a Helstrom series for Hulu, which I think has just started production. If I had to guess, the final season of Agents of Shield will still totally happen, but at this point, I'd honestly be shocked if Helstrom gets finished. In fact, my guess is that it is already canceled as well, but has just yet to be announced. Therefore, the era of Marvel TV would end with the last season of AOS.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think your speculation is fairly accurate. I'd be totally shocked if one of those release dates isn't The Fantasic 4. Past that, I really don't necessarily have a clue. I really do think the X-Men will be a VERY slow play into the MCU, with The Fantastic 4 maybe coming much earlier beforehand.

The X-Men as a group maybe but I'll bet Wolverine shows pretty fast.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
After posting my Jessica Jones S3 review above, the following is my updated MCU rankings to include it
  1. Avengers: Engame - The perfect culmination of 10 years of storytelling helped along by an amazing script, which gave fans everything they could have ever wanted and more
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Thought this movie had the best drama and best writing and story line of all the movies. Its action sequences were probably only second to Civil War as well.
  3. The Avengers – Iconic way to pull everything together with the best villain in the MCU. The final battle was so epic and unlike anything we had ever seen up until that point.
  4. Captain America: Civil War - Most fun movie, produced the best action sequences, had some of the best character moments, and showcased the best balancing act of so many characters. Biggest weakness was having a very good, but not amazing story.
  5. Avengers: Infinity War - Amazing put together culmination of all the movies and characters so far. While it suffered at times from that weight, maybe Marvel's best villain help to pull everything together.
  6. Daredevil: Season 3 - Tremendous long-form storytelling with two amazing villains and the perfect crescendo ending. One of the best seasons of television in all of TV.
  7. Iron Man – Epic way to start the Universe with an unbelievable star for a headliner. Never got into the Iron Monger villain though.
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy – Best space epic since the original Star Wars movies. Also was probably the funniest movie of the MCU so far. Had a fairly generic villain though.
  9. The Punisher: Season 1 - Very complete Marvel series with great pacing, great story, superb casting, and amazing acting. Ben Barnes as Billy Russo is now one of my favorite actors and one of the best Marvel villains. Very stand-alone series with not enough crossovers.
  10. Daredevil: Season 2 - The introduction of Punisher in Season 2 was what truly made this season great and better than Season 2. Had a few pacing issues, but overall, the series improved all the characters within it from Season 1. Didn't love Elektra stuff.
  11. Spider-Man: Homecoming - Amazing casting on this movie with Tom Holland being the best Spider-Man yet. Also featured one of the greatest villains in the MCU in Michael Keaton, with one of the best scenes and best twists.
  12. Agents of Shield: Season 5 - Overall good season wrapped up by spectacular ending, which tied together all the character arcs as good as any series out there. Sticking the landing is what ranks this season so high.
  13. Daredevil: Season 1 – Loved the street-level and darker tone of this show. Also contains probably the second best villain in the MCU. Being on Netflix is a great way to remove all the normal problems of making a TV show for network viewing.
  14. Ant-Man - Had super-low expectations, but walked away pleasantly surprised. Yet another weak villain, but contained some great comedy with some great actors. Paul Rudd won me over as a fan.
  15. Captain America: The First Avenger – Epic first-half of the movie with Cap’s origin story, but believe it or not, I found Red Skull a little underdeveloped. Loved the WWII time period aspect of this one.
  16. Black Panther - Very good movie with great characters, superb character development, a good story arc, and a top 3 Marvel villain. However, its biggest downfall is some very poor action and CGI work.
  17. Agents of Shield: Season 4 - Awesome season with a very good two-part story line. Ghost Rider was movie quality all around (casting, acting, visuals, story) and fit perfectly into the story. Tons of fun with a lot of great emotion.
  18. Thor: Ragnarok - While I still find this movie to be a bit too much of a Taika Waititi film and not enough an MCU film, I've grown to like this movie more over time. Yes, it does go too comedy heavy, but I appreciate Marvel trying something new.
  19. Spider-Man: Far From Home - Fun unique movie with an amazing cast and lots of twists. While Mysterio was well-acted and fun, his start-end motivations fell short a bit.
  20. Ant-Man and the Wasp - Fun, hilarious smaller-stakes movie that is truly enjoyable to watch. However, the villains are forgettable and I found myself wishing for more emotional depth. Not quite as good as the first one.
  21. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Huge on the laughs, fun and heart, but a little mediocre on the story and substance. Also, went a little overboard at times where things got a bit campy. Characters were more fun than story.
  22. Jessica Jones: Season 1- Series filled with great actors, great drama, and one of the best villains in the MCU (Kilgrave)
  23. Luke Cage: Season 2 - Awesome season with lots of emotional depth, great story-telling, superb multi-dimensional villains and improved action. It also improved upon many so-so characters from S1.
  24. Iron Man 2 – Many will mock me, but I really enjoyed this movie and actually enjoyed it more than Iron Man 3. Make fun of me all you want, but I thought Whiplash was alright. I think this movie gets unfairly criticized.
  25. Doctor Strange - This was a Marvel formulaic origin story with some ground-breaking visual effects, a mediocre villain, an innovative ending, and some great characters. However, its biggest problem was probably how they introduced magic and the limiting weird rules around it.
  26. Jessica Jones: Season 3 - Much improved from S2 with good villains and a vast improvement to Trish/Hellcats character. Good wrap-up to the series.
  27. Avengers: Age of Ultron – Fun movie, but suffered from too much CGI action, too many characters, and too many storylines.
  28. Iron Man 3 – Just never really got into this one, and it probably had something to do with the big Mandarin villain twist. Also never really liked Killian either. Again, I surprisingly like Iron Man 2 better
  29. Thor– Don’t know what it is, but I just never got into this storyline or villains as much as the others. However, it is growing on me over time and I now like this more than Thor: The Dark World
  30. Captain Marvel - Decent origin story that fit well into MCU canon, but lacked the charisma, vulnerabilities, and charm I wanted from its main character
  31. Agent Carter: Season 1 – Loved the period timepiece aspect of this. Great show with good movie tie-ins.
  32. Luke Cage: Season 1 - Loved the music angle, Cottonmouth was great, loved the first 4 episodes. However, after the big twist, the second half of the season really went downhill.
  33. Thor: The Dark World – Criticize me if you will, but I liked this movie more than probably most, but after re-watching it recently, it did fall some in my rankings.
  34. Runaways: Season 2 - Much improved from S1 with more action, more suspense, better budget, and better writing. Still suffers from some weak-link child actors.
  35. Agents of Shield: Season 2 – Liked the less cheese and more serious tone than the first season. Also, loved the Inhuman’s storyline. Used to hate Skye, but now don’t mind her.
  36. The Incredible Hulk – Good movie, but not great. Never liked Norton for the role or the look they gave Hulk, so I was glad when the switch was made and they remade the Hulk's appearance.
  37. Agents of Shield: Season 6 - Decent story, acting and villains, but lacked from no tie-ins to Endgame or MCU canon at all
  38. Iron Fist: Season 2 - Good. Much better story, acting, villains and fighting than S1, but still suffers greatly from Finn Jones being miscast as Iron Fist
  39. Jessica Jones: Season 2 - Had some great character moments that draw you in as well as some decent pacing, but overall struggles mightily from being a really slow burn. Didn't love villain.
  40. Cloak and Dagger: Season 1 - Slower at times, but also very good at times. Overall, this was a good season that just didn't stick the landing. Loved how they developed Cloak and Daggers powers.
  41. Cloak and Dagger: Season 2 - More consistent than S1, but with lower highs. Villain was just alright, but the effects and action for Cloak were spectacular.
  42. The Punisher: Season 2 - Amazing amped-up action sequences throughout (some of best in the MCU), but weighed down by poor writing and dialogue of certain characters.
  43. Runways: Season 1 - Had a good tone as well as some good character work throughout. However, the series lacked action, didn't have great action for what it had, and didn't really stick the landing.
  44. Agents of Shield: Season 1 – Struggled hardcore in the first half-dozen episodes, but then finally picked up when Winter Soldier story line set in and the cheese started to fade. Overall, ended up decent.
  45. Agents of Shield: Season 3 - Was VERY up and down throughout. There was times I really liked what they were doing, whereas other times I didn't. Overall, the series got a little tired, too many forced fistfights, and still too high on the cheese factor.
  46. The Defenders: Season 1: Started out alright including a great hallway fight scene, but then everything fell apart from there, mostly dragged down by Iron Fist being Iron Fist, poor storytelling, and really poor dialogue.
  47. Agent Carter: Season 2 - Great actors and characters combined with a poor stand-alone story, which lacked substance and true stakes to the MCU
  48. Iron Fist: Season 1 - Terrible casting/acting for Danny Rand, boring story, poor fight sequences, and too low a budget resulted in Marvel TVs first major dud. Back half of season was better than front half.
  49. Inhumans - Garbage TV show. Bad acting, costumes, sets, directing, characterizations, special effects, and storytelling. This TV show was made fast and cheap as a money-grab and it shows.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Here too is my updated Superhero TV rankings to include Jessica Jones: Season 3
  1. Daredevil (Season 3)
  2. The Punisher (Season 1)
  3. The Flash (Season 1)
  4. Daredevil (Season 2)
  5. Agents of Shield (Season 5)
  6. Daredevil (Season 1)
  7. Agents of Shield (Season 4)
  8. Arrow (Season 2)
  9. Arrow (Season 1)
  10. Jessica Jones (Season 1)
  11. Luke Cage (Season 2)
  12. Jessica Jones (Season 3)
  13. Supergirl (Season 4)
  14. Arrow (Season 5)
  15. The Flash (Season 2)
  16. Agent Carter (Season 1)
  17. Supergirl (Season 1)
  18. Luke Cage (Season 1)
  19. Runaways (Season 2)
  20. Agents of Shield (Season 2)
  21. Agents of Shield (Season 6)
  22. The Gifted (Season 2)
  23. The Gifted (Season 1)
  24. Supergirl (Season 2)
  25. The Tick (Season 1)
  26. Iron Fist (Season 2)
  27. Arrow (Season 6)
  28. The Flash (Season 4)
  29. Legion (Season 1)
  30. Jessica Jones (Season 2)
  31. Krypton (Season 1)
  32. Powerless (Season 1)
  33. Cloak and Dagger (Season 1)
  34. Cloak and Dagger (Season 2)
  35. The Punisher (Season 2)
  36. Runaways (Season 1)
  37. Gotham (Season 1)
  38. The Flash (Season 3)
  39. Agents of Shield (Season 1)
  40. Agents of Shield (Season 3)
  41. The Defenders (Season 1)
  42. Agent Carter (Season 2)
  43. The Flash (Season 5)
  44. Supergirl (Season 3)
  45. Legion (Season 2)
  46. Gotham (Season 2)
  47. Iron Fist (Season 1)
  48. Constantine (Season 1)
  49. The Tick (Season 2)
  50. Arrow (Season 3)
  51. Arrow (Season 7)
  52. Arrow (Season 4)
  53. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 1)
  54. Black Lightning (Season 1)
  55. Black Lightning (Season 2)
  56. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 3)
  57. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 2)
  58. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 4)
  59. Inhumans (Season 1)

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Here too is my updated Superhero TV rankings to include Jessica Jones: Season 3
  1. Daredevil (Season 3)
  2. The Punisher (Season 1)
  3. The Flash (Season 1)
  4. Daredevil (Season 2)
  5. Agents of Shield (Season 5)
  6. Daredevil (Season 1)
  7. Agents of Shield (Season 4)
  8. Arrow (Season 2)
  9. Arrow (Season 1)
  10. Jessica Jones (Season 1)
  11. Luke Cage (Season 2)
  12. Jessica Jones (Season 3)
  13. Supergirl (Season 4)
  14. Arrow (Season 5)
  15. The Flash (Season 2)
  16. Agent Carter (Season 1)
  17. Supergirl (Season 1)
  18. Luke Cage (Season 1)
  19. Runaways (Season 2)
  20. Agents of Shield (Season 2)
  21. Agents of Shield (Season 6)
  22. The Gifted (Season 2)
  23. The Gifted (Season 1)
  24. Supergirl (Season 2)
  25. The Tick (Season 1)
  26. Iron Fist (Season 2)
  27. Arrow (Season 6)
  28. The Flash (Season 4)
  29. Legion (Season 1)
  30. Jessica Jones (Season 2)
  31. Krypton (Season 1)
  32. Powerless (Season 1)
  33. Cloak and Dagger (Season 1)
  34. Cloak and Dagger (Season 2)
  35. The Punisher (Season 2)
  36. Runaways (Season 1)
  37. Gotham (Season 1)
  38. The Flash (Season 3)
  39. Agents of Shield (Season 1)
  40. Agents of Shield (Season 3)
  41. The Defenders (Season 1)
  42. Agent Carter (Season 2)
  43. The Flash (Season 5)
  44. Supergirl (Season 3)
  45. Legion (Season 2)
  46. Gotham (Season 2)
  47. Iron Fist (Season 1)
  48. Constantine (Season 1)
  49. The Tick (Season 2)
  50. Arrow (Season 3)
  51. Arrow (Season 7)
  52. Arrow (Season 4)
  53. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 1)
  54. Black Lightning (Season 1)
  55. Black Lightning (Season 2)
  56. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 3)
  57. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 2)
  58. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 4)
  59. Inhumans (Season 1)
There's 4 seasons of Legends?!?!

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
There's 4 seasons of Legends?!?!

Haha, still way down on my to-do list. Honestly, it won't be until this next spring for that....... IF I even get to it. Disney+ shows are sucking more on me than anticipated as well. I'm hacking out some movies for the time being, but I've actually switched stuff up and likely will be watching "The Boys" next. Can't wait!!!!

Last edited:

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Haha, still way down on my to-do list. Honestly, it won't be until this next spring for that....... IF I even get to it. Disney+ shows are sucking more on me than anticipated as well.
I just can't believe they made that many seasons. I made it through the first and hoped the 2nd would be better but it was really bad. I gave up after a couple episodes.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I just can't believe they made that many seasons. I made it through the first and hoped the 2nd would be better but it was really bad. I gave up after a couple episodes.

Yeah, I'm somewhat the same way. Its possible I never get to the 4th season, which would mean only that and Gotham would be the series I haven't made it all the way through. Gotham just got too painful for me to bear. It was starting to feel like work.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Love it. This trailer is the Black Widow movie I've been wanting all along. I've never been in the boat that it is too little to late for this movie. In fact, I believe it is perfect timing, as a Jason Bourne-esque spy thriller is a good mix-up right now from everything else MCU-related we've seen lately. The Winter Soldier definitely has some similarities, but this Black Widow movie seems to take the spy thriller to a new level. Delving actually into the trailer, I didn't know what to expect from David Harbour's Red Guardian character, but something tells me I'm going to love him.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytasticlone

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Love it. This trailer is the Black Widow movie I've been wanting all along. I've never been in the boat that it is too little to late for this movie. In fact, I believe it is perfect timing, as a Jason Bourne-esque spy thriller is a good mix-up right now from everything else MCU-related we've seen lately. The Winter Soldier definitely has some similarities, but this Black Widow movie seems to take the spy thriller to a new level. Delving actually into the trailer, I didn't know what to expect from David Harbour's Red Guardian character, but something tells me I'm going to love him.

Holy casting Batman. I was just gonna say DH looks like he'll fit well with what they show of his character so far. I didn't know anything about this movie until this trailer and it looks like a dream cast to me. I've really liked ScarJo as BW and have loved David Harbour in Stranger Things. (Side note: His SNL Joker trailer spoof about Oscar the Grouch is hilarious!) I'm also a huge Rachel Weiss fan at least as far back as Enemy at the Gates. (Side note #2: I know critically it's meh but I enjoyed the heck out of it and I've probably watched that movie dozens of times. I'm big on snipers though.) Anyway, love the cast even with not previously knowing any of the BW back story or characters.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Yeah, I'm somewhat the same way. Its possible I never get to the 4th season, which would mean only that and Gotham would be the series I haven't made it all the way through. Gotham just got too painful for me to bear. It was starting to feel like work.

It was a chore, I even skipped some episode to move the story along. Overall the last few episodes were entertaining.

Reactions: Triggermv

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron