ISU vs KU - 11 am CST on FSN

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
KU is a roll coaster team, when their offense is clinking that can play with anyone in the conference, put 48 at Texas, blow out Boston College, and beat Tech.

There defense has stopped no one, this is one of those games, where ISU needs to start fast, its senior day, last home game of the year. We should come out fired up and ready to play.

Go Cyclones
It's a Big Game to me. Kansas must be destroyed! I have NEVER seen Iowa State beat Kansas in person with an (0-2) record: 1992 and 1994 losses in Ames. So, I want to see Iowa State kick some Kans-ass!

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Looks like another crisp, beautiful fall day...high temp around 1-2 PM should be in the mid-40's...beats the crap out of the Ice Bowl with KU a few years back.

Lot's of tickets available...I'm sure they will do a $10 a ticket special to fill up the upper deck.

Not gonna lie, that KU Ice Bowl game is still one of the funnest games I've ever attended in the Jack.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Not gonna lie, that KU Ice Bowl game is still one of the funnest games I've ever attended in the Jack.
My wife refused to go, so we instead went to a bar and watched the game. She never goes when the temp is below 35. She has never forgiven me for making her sit in the snow to watch the OSU game with Barry Sanders when we were dating in 1988. "He's gonna win the Heisman, " I said, "so we have to stay." She mentioned that moment Saturday during the Texas game and reminded me to take someone else to the Kansas game.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This is true of every game but every time we play a team like Kansas, I feel SIGNIFICANTLY more confident going into it with Campbell as our coach vs his predecessors.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
My wife refused to go, so we instead went to a bar and watched the game. She never goes when the temp is below 35. She has never forgiven me for making her sit in the snow to watch the OSU game with Barry Sanders when we were dating in 1988. "He's gonna win the Heisman, " I said, "so we have to stay." She mentioned that moment Saturday during the Texas game and reminded me to take someone else to the Kansas game.

My wife refused to go too, so she stayed at home, watched it on TV and I went by myself.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Beers were freezing in your hand faster than you could drink them.... so I had to switch to whiskey from what I recall...

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Just a heads up, with the foretasted rain, they are already anticipating the grass lots will be closed.
I will admit that I have found it easier to get out of Ames after the games when the grass lots are closed, but closed lots have to pull a lot of revenue from the AD. And it has to create much longer walks for lots of folks.

• Agree
Reactions: jdcyclone19

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
My DTV DVR already picked MSG+ as the channel to record. My favorite of the FSNs, get all the ads for NYC sports/concerts/etc. As long as JD and the Straight Shots are opening.

I've fought with the DVR all year - every time the game is broadcast in 4k, the DVR decides to use that channel, I forget about it until I try to watch it on my non-4k tv. Guess It's time to upgrade???

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
How exactly did you "check"?

I have all Iowa State Cyclones Football set to record. So I went to my library, clicked on "Iowa State Cyclones Football" under the Most Watched ribbon. Click on Schedule and it shows upcoming games. Click on the time (11:00) for the KU game. This will show the first upcoming time for the game and one channel that is carrying the game. You can further click on that to see other channels that will show it at the same time or replay times the next couple days.

Does that make sense? Lot of steps to get to the info but it works.