All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Minnesota has a better OL/WRs/RBs. QB is about even and they’ve put up yardage on better defenses than any ISU has faced this year outside of Iowa and we all know how that one turned out.

Minnesota may lose to Wisconsin if Taylor gets loose.

Matt, please elaborate on who are these multiple defenses outside of Iowa that Minnesota has put up yards against.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
The statement was that ISU likely hasn’t faced a defense tougher to score on than Iowa, which Minnesota has also faced.

Minnesota has also played Penn State and will face Wisconsin in two weeks. Both tough defenses with very active front 7’s and disciplined schemes.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins and RedDog

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
The statement was that ISU likely hasn’t faced a defense tougher to score on than Iowa. Minnesota has also played Penn State and will face Wisconsin in two weeks. Another tough defense with a pass rush.

So you were just talking out your butt,
okay.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef/2019

Here is a pretty intensive formula of rating defenses adjusted for schedule. It seems to me that ISU has faced a much tougher schedule defensively that Minnesota.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Of course it is. They will finish the regular season either 10-2 or 11-2 and ranked in the top 15.
Minnesota is a solid team this year. They proved that by beating Penn State and then having a game come down to the wire @ Iowa. With that being said, their schedule was incredibly favorable to allow them to be 8-0 before playing Penn State and then Iowa. The best team they played before that was probably SDSU or maybe Illinois.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Minnesota is a solid team this year. They proved that by beating Penn State and then having a game come down to the wire @ Iowa. With that being said, their schedule was incredibly favorable to allow them to be 8-0 before playing Penn State and then Iowa. The best team they played before that was probably SDSU or maybe Illinois.

And Illinois would be the second worst team in the Big 12, slightly ahead of Kansas

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And Illinois would be the second worst team in the Big 12, slightly ahead of Kansas
I think WVU, Illinois, and TTU are right around the same caliber this year and could be interchangeable when ranking each other. 4 of the 6 wins this year for Illinois have come to some of the worst teams in all of college football (Rutgers, UCONN, Purdue, and Akron) and then they obviously have that marquee win against Wisconsin. Their other win was Michigan State, whose best win is Indiana. Michigan State hasn't won a game in almost 2 months.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think WVU, Illinois, and TTU are right around the same caliber this year and could be interchangeable when ranking each other. 4 of the 6 wins this year for Illinois have come to some of the worst teams in all of college football (Rutgers, UCONN, Purdue, and Akron) and then they obviously have that marquee win against Wisconsin. Their other win was Michigan State, whose best win is Indiana. Michigan State hasn't won a game in almost 2 months.

Sagarin:

45: Texas Tech
57: West Virginia
62: Illinois
63: Nebraska

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Sagarin:

45: Texas Tech
57: West Virginia
62: Illinois
63: Nebraska
Yeah I wouldn't dispute that. Like I said Illinois has a flukey type win against Wisconsin and then have beaten a load of nobodies. Credit to them though because they're usually losing to those types of teams.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Do yourself a favor and don’t look at the offensive list...
The offenses in the Big 10 are not that good outside of Ohio State. Big 10 lovers will say the offenses are not great because the defenses are so good, while at the same time say that the Big 12's offenses are good because the defenses are so bad. It all equals itself out and I think it's a little bit of both.