***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I'm still confused by Chicago playcalling. They have Montgomery blocking just to help cover a deficient line, but most plays he isn't actually having to block anyone. They need to get him out of the backfield a bit because there is some space to attack if they did.

Nagy sucks, Trubisky double sucks, and Pace triple sucks for bringing in the both of them.

I wish they had lost last week so that when they lose today, they can stop trying to pretend they're anything other than a complete dumpster fire of a team.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
the Bears are one of the most inept offensive teams I've ever seen. every week they don't cut Trubisky loose, they are losing more in trade value as teams realize they haven't seen his "bottom" yet...

• Agree
Reactions: Bewilderme

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
That was a frustrating game, did enjoy watching DM play except they pretty much kept him contained. What was the point of the option play on 3rd and short? The Bear QB didn't seem to pose much of a threat so they just seemed to be setting the RB up. Oh well, thanks to DVR was able to speed through that game and rewatch ISU v Texas... sorry DM.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Yeah, our boy was indeed well contained -- Chicago's o-line vs. the Rams' d-line seemed like a mismatch. David had 12 carries for 31 yards (2.2 avg) and 1 reception for 19 yards (early in the Bears' first drive). So far, he has 497 yards rushing and 19 receptions.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I hated the Bears before the season began, and hate them even more now. Team management is the laughing stock of pretty much every professional sport. Their fans are insufferable.

And now they're ruining David Montgomery. My hatred is crossing the threshold into loathing.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
After a rough game last week - that Bears OL hasn't been great - David Montgomery started the first drive with 2 carries for 19 yards (both moved the chains, I believe). Bears-Lions, Thanksgiving day on Fox.

Reactions: khardbored

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Great traditional NFL Thanksgiving, two suck teams battling for nothing in the standings. :rolleyes:

I was a Lions fan from about '95-'05 when I knew one of their players...and I lived in Chicago from '03-'15. So I've usually ended up watching this game for some odd reason. I don't think both teams have ever been good in that 25 year stretch.

Reactions: khardbored

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
It seems like he’s had 30+ yards get wiped out by holds and penalties that wouldn’t have affected his runs at all today.

On the last one, his own lineman tried to tackle him. That unit is hot garbage.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron