We're Going Bowling

kcbob79clone

The other thing about yesterday’s game that no one is talking about I’d that CMC beat another ranked team.

It feels weird that that goes unremarked, and almost draws a yawn now.

Much like Urban Meyer stating Iowa State beating Texas previously would have been a 'stop the presses' moment. This year it was expected.

kcbob79clone

Could OSU jump us for Orlando if they beat WV and lose to OU, assuming we win our last two?

Think it is based on Big12 standings. If OSU goes 1-1 they will be 5-4 and if we go 2-0 we'll be 6-3. Texas currently 4-3 has Baylor and Tech so no telling what they'll do. But we beat them but may be up to the Bowl game to choose.

• Agree
Reactions: tolstoy

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
I believe regardless of record it’s choice of the bowl themselves. Outside of the Sugar who automatically gets the best available team, I think whoever has #2 big 12 priority could choose whichever team they want. In theory the Alamo Bowl could happen again (but Baylor fans would riot).

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
CBSSports (Jerry Palm) just released updated bowl projections and has us in the Cheez-It Bowl. Other Big12 teams ahead of ISU

OU - CFP
Baylor - New Years 6
K State - Alamo
Texas - Camping World
If we’re in the Cheez-it in a year I can’t visit Dad in Tempe for Christmas, I would be...disappointed.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Only bad part is game is just 2 days after Christmas but screw it just go out a day ahead (26th) and can stay a few days after the game if you want/can get the time off.

Or just spend your Christmas in Arizona...there are far worse spots to do so that's for sure.

I scheduled our Xmas for the 21st in order to keep all bowl games doable

• Winner
Reactions: SCNCY

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Nobody talks about facing Virginia Tech in Orlando. I think that would be cool. Better than most of the other ACC teams. Notre Dame with a 10-2 record isn’t gonna happen I don’t think.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean