Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Oh...and I actually have some evidence

3633b12b-55a1-43fe-8892-435078ea3cb8-181206-mbb_ISU-003.JPG

That's Prohm doing the right thing and getting JorBo out of there before he mouths off again and gets his a** kicked.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not a good look for you guy.

I wasn't trying to be an a hole about it. I assumed (wrongly) that any residual effects from something years ago would have been there for a while and he just played instead of it just popping up in the last few days. Hell maybe it's a ploy to get him to redshirt for all we know. Nobody knows anything at this point I just hope he is or gets healthy

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
OMG! Where was the Iowa City Police at when the dousing took place? Where was Barta's quick reaction on social media condemning the camera man? Damn, I guess we see who really wears the pants/dress in the family.

I remember sitting in the front row of an ISU game against the Sooner's when Johnny's wife tossed something on the floor. Security at the time wanted to boot us out. Thankfully we didn't as people beside us gave witness that we didn't do it.

Reactions: mj4cy

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Any of you guys going to the Bahama's?

Really thought about it but I went to Maui last year and really blew it out. Brought all the kids and were on Oahu for a few days before hitting Maui. Between that, the bowl last year, and the Big 12 tourney as always it's just a lot in the last year, had to say no to this one.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Really thought about it but I went to Maui last year and really blew it out. Brought all the kids and were on Oahu for a few days before hitting Maui. Between that, the bowl last year, and the Big 12 tourney as always it's just a lot in the last year, had to say no to this one.
The Alamobowl was a great experience but its also unique when it comes to costs. The high majority of fans want to stay on the riverwalk so it can make hotels costly. Where when I've gone to the Houston or Insight bowls the towns are just so spread out the hotels don't cost nearly as much.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
OMG! Where was the Iowa City Police at when the dousing took place? Where was Barta's quick reaction on social media condemning the camera man? Damn, I guess we see who really wears the pants/dress in the family.

I remember sitting in the front row of an ISU game against the Sooner's when Johnny's wife tossed something on the floor. Security at the time wanted to boot us out. Thankfully we didn't as people beside us gave witness that we didn't do it.
This belongs here:

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
That shirt is bone dry. Don't believe this for a second.
Again, you guys can believe whatever you want. I just shared what my neighbor randomly sent to me while he was at the game. He’s a die hard hok fan who’s had season tickets for years and I have zero reason to doubt him. Don’t see what he would get by making it up but obviously you guys know better..

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
From Iowa's basketball signing press release:

JOSH OGUNDELE

“What attracted me to the University of Iowa was not only the coaches, but the team’s reputation of players, and how well they play and compete in the Big Ten. I also liked how the program has produced players in the NBA.”

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
From Iowa's basketball signing press release:

JOSH OGUNDELE

“What attracted me to the University of Iowa was not only the coaches, but the team’s reputation of players, and how well they play and compete in the Big Ten. I also liked how the program has produced that one player in the NBA.”

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Again, you guys can believe whatever you want. I just shared what my neighbor randomly sent to me while he was at the game. He’s a die hard hok fan who’s had season tickets for years and I have zero reason to doubt him. Don’t see what he would get by making it up but obviously you guys know better..

Again, that would be a huge story if it were true. A whole cup of water would make somebody incredibly wet. We have a story from one guy, with a picture that proves the opposite of what he said. Yes, I do think I know better.

• Funny
Reactions: ATCy and sadam