*** Official #22 Texas VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Players stood up on this. A lot of coaching mistakes in this game!!! Too many, and this game never should have been close. Encouraged by the players, disappointed in the coaches.
Yep the players were awesome today. Coaches need to watch some tape on how they approached this one

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
You know that is a string of bad kickers when that is the first game winning field goal SINCE 1983.

Guess ISU was due

That is really bad, but you have to remember that ISU not only lost a lot of game but was also getting blown out a lot too, so not a lot of opportunities to kick winning FG when you are down by 30. Certainly had some this year. Probably should have kick a FG last week after turning a 2nd and goal at the 4 into a 4th and goal at the 13.

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
He's not wrong. With the amount of money Texas has and the fertile recruiting ground they sit in, they should be the Alabama of the big 12.

That doesn't mean ISU should be bad, but that Texas should dominate the big 12

It's not that the sentiment is necessarily wrong. Texas has obvious inherent advantages..no argument here. It's just that he's such a smug prick. He could've taken the angle to give ISU some props for going toe to toe with Goliath. Instead he just slams Texas and acts like we shouldn't even bother to show up.

Long story short..he's an *******. Not exactly breaking news.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Here’s the thing. Iowa State dominated that ******* game. I love the win, and will take it every week, but that game should not have come down to a last second FG.

I feel the same. Really stupid coaching decisions - and I NEVER blame coaches or refs - let herman and his STD ridden body stay in the game.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Here’s the thing. Iowa State dominated that ******* game. I love the win, and will take it every week, but that game should not have come down to a last second FG.

those unfinished drives almost bit us in the ass. Happy for the win but I don't like putting it on the kickers.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
23 points after gaining 466 yards in a big 12 game is usually not gonna get the job done.

Hats off to the defense for forcing 3 and outs for most of the game. And to Assalley for hitting the fg. I was sure he would miss.

A win is a win but man was that stressful.

Purdy is now over 3200 passing yards and will break the single season record next week.