NFL: ***Official Week Eleven Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
DeCastro's actions were about the best you could ask for in that whole mess. He basically grabbed Garrett, threw him to the ground and put him in timeout by laying on him.

And it wouldn't have even gotten that far if Rudolph doesn't come charging in. DeCastro had Garrett wrapped up and walked back away from it. He didn't throw him to the ground until Rudolph and Pouncey came charging in and threw him and Garrett off balance. IMO DeCastro is the only one in the dust-up who shouldn't be disciplined, which means he's probably looking at a six figure fine and a two game suspension.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Mildly surprised that Ogunjobi only got one game and Rudolph got zero, and I'm OK with him just getting a fine. Otherwise that seems more or less fair. When they say the rest of the season for Garrett does that include potential playoff games?

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale

I guess I just am going to fundamentally disagree with this. Frankly Pouncy is the worst in this situation as far as I’m concerned. He wasn’t directly involved so no claims of immediate reaction and he did the most clearly assault/battery. Garret’ was bad and extremely dangerous but it was an immediate reaction to an involved party IMO.

I also think not suspending Rudolph is a big mistake. He was trying to do just as much as Garret he just didn’t succeed in doing it. He shouldn’t get as big of a suspension but I think he needs one.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Pouncey got off kind of easy. The Steelers ought to be extremely relieved at how it played out. Their worst case scenario was going into their next game missing Rudolph, Pouncey, and possibly JuJu and Diontae Johnson and James Conner. Assuming those last three can get back over the next ten days then they'll just be down Pouncey.

Meanwhile, I think the Browns are screwed. Garrett has ten of the team's thirty sacks and there's nobody else on the roster capable of consistently getting after the QB until Vernon can come back from his knee injury.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I guess I just am going to fundamentally disagree with this. Frankly Pouncy is the worst in this situation as far as I’m concerned. He wasn’t directly involved so no claims of immediate reaction and he did the most clearly assault/battery. Garret’ was bad and extremely dangerous but it was an immediate reaction to an involved party IMO.

I also think not suspending Rudolph is a big mistake. He was trying to do just as much as Garret he just didn’t succeed in doing it. He shouldn’t get as big of a suspension but I think he needs one.

Pouncey was defending his QB. Should he have kicked Garrett, no, but at the same time, I dont blame him. Garrett was the instigator and main perpetrator. His suspension is entirely justified. Rudolph no getting a suspension is also entirely justified since his action were a reaction to the **** Garrett did to him.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Pouncey was defending his QB. Should he have kicked Garrett, no, but at the same time, I dont blame him. Garrett was the instigator and main perpetrator. His suspension is entirely justified. Rudolph no getting a suspension is also entirely justified since his action were a reaction to the **** Garrett did to him.
Yeah no! Pouncy was defending his QB but that in no way excuses it. He was initially outside the incident so he chose to involve himself in it via a poor method. His actions IMO are clearly closer to criminal than Garrets. I have no issue with Garrets suspension I think they hit that one about right.

Rudolph is in no way excused as he started the extracurriculars. Yes Garret committed Roughing the passer but you can’t rip someone’s helmet off for that.

I think the fact that he hit him with the helmet is weighing to heavily for a lot of people. It is a factor but not as much as people are acting like.

• Dislike
Reactions: NoCreativity

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Yeah no! Pouncy was defending his QB but that in no way excuses it. He was initially outside the incident so he chose to involve himself in it via a poor method. His actions IMO are clearly closer to criminal than Garrets. I have no issue with Garrets suspension I think they hit that one about right.

Rudolph is in no way excused as he started the extracurriculars. Yes Garret committed Roughing the passer but you can’t rip someone’s helmet off for that.

I think the fact that he hit him with the helmet is weighing to heavily for a lot of people. It is a factor but not as much as people are acting like.

Rudolph didnt start a thing. Garrett did. He doesnt pile drive Rudolph into the ground well after the pass had been thrown, none of this happens.

I guess I have some sympathy for the guy acting in self defense and giving a little retaliation back that pales in comparions to what the instigator gave to him in the first place. The blame for the entire incident resides entirely on Garrett. And it seems the NFL agrees.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I won't be shocked if the NFL comes out later today or tomorrow and gives Rudolph a game or two.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Are you serious? What Garrett did could've killed Rudolph. Pouncy was only going to injure his own hands. Garret still had a helmet on.

• Dumb
Reactions: 3TrueFans

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

CF has a Browns fan? Who knew.

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Are you serious? What Garrett did could've killed Rudolph. Pouncy was only going to injure his own hands. Garret still had a helmet on.
Have you hear of this guy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Trice

Obviously he wasn’t going to do as much damage because there were people there to stop it and it takes longer but it was far more removed from the play and was clearly intentional. Garret has a weak argument for self defense and some minor technicalities. Garret was fighting with Rudolph. Pouncy was trying to injure Garret.

Both deserve significant suspensions.

• Funny
Reactions: FinalFourCy

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Have you hear of this guy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Trice

Obviously he wasn’t going to do as much damage because there were people there to stop it and it takes longer but it was far more removed from the play and was clearly intentional. Garret has a weak argument for self defense and some minor technicalities. Garret was fighting with Rudolph. Pouncy was trying to injure Garret.

Both deserve significant suspensions.

Ripping a guy's helmet off and smashing him in the head with isn't trying to injure someone? Dude. Punching a guy with a helmet on is nowhere near what Garrett did. Not even close.

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

That’ll be a funny court room when it shows Rudolph start it by trying to take off his helmet and then go after him again with no helmet on.

You guys are dumb, Garret got the punishment he deserves for his actions but Rudolph started it all and continued to instigate after his helmet got taken off. Played stupid games and got beat with his own helmet.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
That’ll be a funny court room when it shows Rudolph start it by trying to take off his helmet and then go after him again with no helmet on.

You guys are dumb, Garret got the punishment he deserves for his actions but Rudolph started it all and continued to instigate after his helmet got taken off. Played stupid games and got beat with his own helmet.

This for sure. Garret is getting what he deserves but Rudolph kicked him in the nuts and tried to take his helmet off first. He most certainly deserves punishment here, too.

Help Support Us

Become a patron