STAFF PICKS: Jalen Terry

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Short update on Terry... no mention of ISU getting a visit though Evans notes "Either could take place but there is a strong chance that Terry takes at least one more visit before he decides." So there's a chance ;)

"The feeling is that Jalen Terry is torn on signing early or holding off until the spring to do as such. The former Michigan State recruit quickly scheduled a string of visits following his decommitment and was able to squeeze in trips to Louisville and LSU before this week. Could the Cards add another this fall, or might Will Wade be able to snag one out of the Midwest?

Either could take place but there is a strong chance that Terry takes at least one more visit before he decides. Ole Miss and Pitt are involved but one to watch is Oregon. The Ducks are sitting without a commitment this fall which is not the norm in Eugene. Furthermore, Oregon has become the landing spot for top-50, or five-star talent, every fall, so it is more of a matter of when, not if, for the Ducks this recruiting cycle.

Maybe Terry doesn’t make the trek to the Pac 12 program but, if he does, Oregon should be seen as a serious threat for his commitment. One can be sure that Louisville and LSU are doing all they can to shut down his recruitment as things have been rather fluid of late with Terry who, even though it rarely ever happens in such circumstances, could always retreat back by selecting MSU again."
-- Evans
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/early-signing-period-live-blog

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
My opinion only but 5 hs kids in one class is a lot. Not saying it can’t be done but I’d like to see class balanced out with a transfer.

Maybe, but if Prohm wants to sign his own FabFive class more power to him.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Maybe, but if Prohm wants to sign his own FabFive class more power to him.
It's true he can but he is not Fran so he won't. He is smart enough to know he probably needs a sit out and a grad or JUCO Transfer.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mike Doty

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It's true he can but he is not Fran so he won't. He is smart enough to know he probably needs a sit out and a grad or JUCO Transfer.

And he probably knows where he stands with Terry, so your post is probably his only option at this point. I think thats a good thing. If we were still in the mix with Terry, it'd be almost impossible to not take him. We may not get a better player than Terry but we can probably get a player thats fits a better role, like a scorer/shooter on the wing.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
What’s Fran got to do with the Fab Five? That would be Michigan. Iowa only knows how to sign a Crappy Five.

Is there a way to see where this Iowa class ranks relative to all other five-man high-major (and including the Big East as a "power" conference there) in history?

If somebody can point me to a database that aggregates everything...

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Is there a way to see where this Iowa class ranks relative to all other five-man high-major (and including the Big East as a "power" conference there) in history?

If somebody can point me to a database that aggregates everything...

You can do a quick scan on 247. There aren’t many 5+ guy classes.

Help Support Us

Become a patron