Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Just an FYI related to the “engagement-wedding” posts: Urban Cowboy was the movie we saw on our first date.

We watched Role Models on our first date. Finding out we have similar senses of humor (childish and in the gutter) was step 1 in realizing she was the one for me.

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Sorry for the replies and ratings to days old posts. I haven't had much chance to be online and just catching up.

Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom @Cyclones_R_GR8, I dread when that day comes for my parents.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I am itchy all over. What the heck did I get into? Showered and that didn’t make it any better.
Lew was splitting logs, discovered that working with cottonwood makes him break out in hives. Any contact with plants you don't normally come in contact with? Any poison ivy/oak in the fields you were harvesting?

Zyrtec (pill) or Benadryl (ointment/cream) help a lot.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Coming up on 25 for us...we started dating in August, he proposed on Mother's Day...

About the same timeline for us. We started dating in mid September and I proposed in May. I swore I wouldn't propose on a holiday, but I screwed up and didn't realize it was May Day.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
About the same timeline for us. We started dating in mid September and I proposed in May. I swore I wouldn't propose on a holiday, but I screwed up and didn't realize it was May Day.
Did you give her a ring in a May Basket and run away so she had to chase you to give you a kiss?

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Did you give her a ring in a May Basket and run away so she had to chase you to give you a kiss?

Unfortunately nothing that cool, I flew out to DC where she was working for a couple weeks and proposed at the base of the Washington Monument, her favorite of the structures in DC. I honestly had no idea it was May Day until she reminded me afterwards and ridiculed me for proposing on a holiday.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Unfortunately nothing that cool, I flew out to DC where she was working for a couple weeks and proposed at the base of the Washington Monument, her favorite of the structures in DC. I honestly had no idea it was May Day until she reminded me afterwards and ridiculed me for proposing on a holiday.
My wife often thinks of me when she thinks of the Washington Monument.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
How is that not cool? Cut yourself some slack.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I don't think May Day counts outside of Iowa or Russia.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
Well, the "just looking" stage didn't last long. My purchase arrives to the store on Monday. Now the hard part will be not giving it to her until our agreed amount of time has passed. I'm giving it to my mom to hold on to in the meantime because I know I would absolutely give it to her early if I hold on to it.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Well, the "just looking" stage didn't last long. My purchase arrives to the store on Monday. Now the hard part will be not giving it to her until our agreed amount of time has passed. I'm giving it to my mom to hold on to in the meantime because I know I would absolutely give it to her early if I hold on to it.

Good idea, that thing can eat at you. I was like Gollum from Lord of the Rings after I picked it up. I found myself taking it out and looking at it almost every night until I gave it to her. Partly because I was so excited and partly that I wanted to make sure I didn't lose it or forget where I put it.

Reactions: RunninMan

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Good idea, that thing can eat at you. I was like Gollum from Lord of the Rings after I picked it up. I found myself taking it out and looking at it almost every night until I gave it to her. Partly because I was so excited and partly that I wanted to make sure I didn't lose it or forget where I put it.
Exactly. I picked ours up before we went to Mexico. I pretty much kept it in my pocket and kept a hand on that leg of my shorts until I finally proposed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.