Casey’s

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Eh I got an advertisement from them and first thing I saw was "Official pizza for the Iowa Hawkeyes". Game over.

Which place advertises as the official pizza for hawkeyes? Casey’s or Quik Star??

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Sorry, just read through the entire thread & found my answer! So, no pizza at Kwik Star, thanks for letting us know. I’m happy, since I love Casey’s pizza!

• Friendly
Reactions: aauummm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
These new Kwik Stars are amazing. Yeah it’s unfortunate that they donate to Iowa but you’ll have that.
Mediacom also does, I hate their guts, but they have a better internet option in my hood than Centurylink. That’s how it goes.

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
W. T. F?

I stopped into my local Casey’s in Grimes for the first time in a week. Got a cup of joe. All new cups. Nice. High quality stuff. Ooh, new signs for the coffee. Swanky. Wait....all new flavors? They changed the flavors? The Classic is NOT THE CLASSIC BREW!!!! It’s all bitter and ‘look at me’ now. What the ****? I go to Casey’s for the cheap and weak coffee. I check the website and it says this...

Our culinary team gave themselves a mission: find a better-tasting coffee line that resembles more specialty coffee bar flavors

WHAT THE HELL, I don’t want a coffee bar, I want my weak arse coffee back!
Coffee and the HyVee fuel saver was the only reason I used Casey’s. Right across the street from my Casey’s is a new Kwikstar. And they’re putting up another KS on the other side of my hood. Goodbye Casey’s, I’ll miss you.

If they provide hot water they just gave you a 2 for 1 deal on weak coffee.

• Winner
Reactions: knowlesjam

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Kwik Star had ads on Cyclones TV for the game on Tuesday.

Their pizza quality matches the quality of the Iowa basketball team (they've also been in eastern Iowa for a long time). Only get it on dollar slice Wednesdays.

Everything else is great there as previously stated.

• Informative
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Kwik Star had ads on Cyclones TV for the game on Tuesday.

Their pizza quality matches the quality of the Iowa basketball team (they've also been in eastern Iowa for a long time). Only get it on dollar slice Wednesdays.

Everything else is great there as previously stated.
If you go to a game in CHA then the pizza is free...that's the downside though.

• Funny
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
For you DSM folks who are new to Kwik Star:

Avoid the pizza. You won’t **** for a week, and it pales compared to Casey’s x

Go there for everything else.

I've found that while Casey's pizza can be decent, its true strength as a product is that all other gas station pizza is completely toxic.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
See, this is gonna turn into a coffee snob thread. Plenty of people like weaker coffee. There is a market for it. I HATE Starbucks crap that’s all bitter and sickly sweet at the end. Casey’s coffee wasn’t pretentious. It was small town farmer coffee. Now they want to be like everyone else. That’s fine. I’ll get gas and coffee elsewhere. But acting like only strong fancy coffee is good coffee is like the idiot beer hipsters trying to tell a coors light drinker he’s wrong for liking that

And yet you still started the thread?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Not a coffee drinker but I'll take a slice of Casey's pizza over any convenience store in the metro area. I live in Grimes too and have stopped at the new Kwick Star a few times when headed north and they do have some nice affordable food options. They had a 2 piece fried chicken for under $3 and it wasn't half bad. Have had a cheesesteak sandwich once there too.

Will be glad when the 2nd KS store opens by Menards as that is a lot closer to me than the current one. They are moving a ton of dirt right now north of HWY 44 to extend Gateway drive up to Heritage and the first thing going in there is a Hy-Vee fast and fresh store which I have not been to 1 yet but that will be maybe 1/2 mile from my house once it's built. I know Hy-Vee also has plans to build a store just north of that as well but I am guessing that is probably 2-3 years away still since they have to run all the utilities and sewer lines through that development still after all the grading has been done.

A little off topic: I keep saying I sure hope some restaurants will eventually be going in somewhere in Grimes in the near future. Grimes is getting a lot of new gas stations, Menards, Aldi's, O'Reilly Auto Parts, etc. and unfortunately more of the ugly damn warehouse type buildings too but still have yet to see any chain restaurants or even something like Culver's yet. I keep saying Grimes would be a prime location for someone to setup a microbrewery with a bar and grill like Barntown as there currently is nothing in that part of the metro so it would probably go over really well with Polk City and Granger just a few miles up the road on 141 as well to draw customers from too.