<<Official Movie Talk Thread>>

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Finally was able to rent John wick 3 and Godzilla King Of The Monsters. I enjoyed both. They both were everything you would want in a John Wick or Godzilla movie.

I thought people were way too hard on Godzilla King of the Monsters. I supremely enjoyed every minute of it, especially when they were down deep in the ocean. I thought the lore expansion there was awesome.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I thought people were way too hard on Godzilla King of the Monsters. I supremely enjoyed every minute of it, especially when they were down deep in the ocean. I thought the lore expansion there was awesome.
You see Joker yet Trigger? Surprised I have not seen a post from you on it yet.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
First trailer for Bloodshot was released today. This is based on the Valiant comicbook series, which is not Marvel nor DC. Looks like a combination of Robocop & Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
For all you posters having seen Joker: is it a "wait for DVD" type movie? Or is the cinematography and sound dramatic enough to make it a must see in the theaters?

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
For all you posters having seen Joker: is it a "wait for DVD" type movie? Or is the cinematography and sound dramatic enough to make it a must see in the theaters?

I personally think it has all the makings of a Netflix movie, but I look for different things in movies when I go to the theaters than others likely. From a look and feel perspective, it definitely has more of an art-house indie look and feel to it. For me, those aren't the movies that benefit from going to the theater. I'm sure there are others out there that would feel different.

Reactions: Cloneon

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Parasite is my next must see. Going this Thursday I think. I have a hard time with subtitled movies but the buzz on this movie is off the charts. Look for this to snag Best Pic and Best Director nominations at the very least

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The cinematography of the scene in the rain towards the end was awesome, and you could feel the climax coming. Lots of cringe, lots of shaking your head, lots of just I don't want to watch this. But it all has a meaning. It's slower to start, but I think worth the journey.
Yes, that scene in the rain was fantastic. The cinematography was incredible throughout.
Outside of that my opinion as of now is the same as when it ended. "Well, that was interesting"

I just don't know what to think. I can't say I liked it but I can't say I didn't.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Ford v Ferrari is several things. The best racing movie I've ever seen. Might be my favorite Bale performance ever. One of the best true story sports movies I've ever seen. The editing and sound are some of the best I can remember. One of the best of the year without question. This is a crowdpleaser that I hope the general masses go to because everyone will like it/love it. I am no fan of racing in any sense. But it is fantastic.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
First trailer for Bloodshot was released today. This is based on the Valiant comicbook series, which is not Marvel nor DC. Looks like a combination of Robocop & Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I was/am a big Valiant fan and this trailer is very faithful to the comics...but I'm not that sure Bloodshot is that great a character.

X-O Manowar is the original Valiant property that would do best. Imagine if an ancient visigoth warrior found an alien Iron Man suit and used it to escape from alien captors.

Magnus Robot Fighter would do well but the rights are no longer Valiant's.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Saw Stuber the other day and man, what a disappointment. I thought the previews and premise had all the potential in the world, but man, was the directing and writing just terrible. Such a waste of Kumail Nanjiani. I thought I would be laughing the entire movie, but I maybe laughed 3 times total. I found myself literally rewriting the dialogue better in my mind than what I was seeing as the movie was going along.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://deadline.com/2019/11/star-t...el-jj-abrams-chris-pine-paramount-1202785280/

A new 4th Star Trek sequel just got announced yesterday with all the newer cast returning and is set to have Noah Hawley (Fargo, Legion) direct. Personally, I'm super happy to see this as I've been clamoring for a new Star Trek movie for a while now. I love all the newer movies including all the new cast. Yes, I even loved "Into Darkness". As for Noah Hawley, I'm at least intrigued. I don't really like his style he went with for Legion, but I have not seen Fargo. I have no doubt he is a good director, but I really have no idea how this new Star Trek will look with him at the helm. For now, I'll be optimistic.

Reactions: 3GenClone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Saw Ford vs Ferrari last night and loved every minute of it. Hands down one of my favorite movies of the year. While it is a little long, the time seems to fly by and it is well worth it. Would recommend everyone check it out whether you are a race fan or not. I don't watch or really care for racing myself.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Saw Ford vs Ferrari last night and loved every minute of it. Hands down one of my favorite movies of the year. While it is a little long, the time seems to fly by and it is well worth it. Would recommend everyone check it out whether you are a race fan or not. I don't watch or really care for racing myself.

It really is great. Balfe (the actress that plays Bale's wife) is awesome. I hope she gets some bigger roles. Outlander is her biggest so far on TV. She has a presence on screen that is that 'it' factor.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
The Irishman is finally coming to the theaters here in MPLS and I'm going this weekend. Clocking in at 210 minutes I need to figure out bathroom breaks and stretching hahah.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The Irishman is finally coming to the theaters here in MPLS and I'm going this weekend. Clocking in at 210 minutes I need to figure out bathroom breaks and stretching hahah.

I'm definitely saving that one for at home where I can pause and take breaks. At that run-time, they are practically asking people not to see it in the theaters.