Casey’s

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City
W. T. F?

I stopped into my local Casey’s in Grimes for the first time in a week. Got a cup of joe. All new cups. Nice. High quality stuff. Ooh, new signs for the coffee. Swanky. Wait....all new flavors? They changed the flavors? The Classic is NOT THE CLASSIC BREW!!!! It’s all bitter and ‘look at me’ now. What the ****? I go to Casey’s for the cheap and weak coffee. I check the website and it says this...

Our culinary team gave themselves a mission: find a better-tasting coffee line that resembles more specialty coffee bar flavors

WHAT THE HELL, I don’t want a coffee bar, I want my weak arse coffee back!
Coffee and the HyVee fuel saver was the only reason I used Casey’s. Right across the street from my Casey’s is a new Kwikstar. And they’re putting up another KS on the other side of my hood. Goodbye Casey’s, I’ll miss you.
Ever heard of sugar and cream?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Your wife likes my clean chest!

tenor.gif

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I'm an occasional drinker of coffee, but when I do.... I brew it at home. Was in Hawaii a few months ago and was stopped at the Kauai coffee plantation. I spent $10 on a couple bags of coffee. Wow!! I think I am hooked on coffee now. Wife usually does a 50/50 mix of caffeinated/decaf of Folgers. Huge difference in taste.

I really can't do the convenience store stuff as it's usually hit or miss anymore in terms of watered down bottom of the batch or super strong that they could sell it as a stout.

Reactions: Macloney

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Eh I got an advertisement from them and first thing I saw was "Official pizza for the Iowa Hawkeyes". Game over.
Same here, almost made me barf. I quickly threw the advertisement in the recycle bin before it could contaminate the house.
KwikStar sucks-small.jpg

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Did they change their cappuccino? I need my slightly coffee flavored hot chocolate. If they change those to a coffee house style, then I will join you in the revolt.

But anyways, who still goes to HyVee to load up a fuel saver? You're paying 25% more to get that fuel sa

Wait so you’ll buy the soda fountain cappuccino for like $1.79 that you could be making at home in a Keurig for pennies but you think that fuel saver is a scam?

Reactions: Farnsworth

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I had the opposite reaction. I had someone grab me a coffee from Casey’s earlier this week and thought “this is ******* delicious. When did Casey’s start making good coffee?”

You’re supposed to be drinking watered down coffee with a shot of gasoline. Damn millennials

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
they are also big time Hawkeye fans. Pass

So is Kum n Go. Hard pass on Kum n go but Kwik Star is definitely up there with Quik Trip for the nicest stores. At least Kwik Star isn't as douchey as kum n go owners.

Are we still boycotting Kum & Go?

I have one a few blocks away from my house. I haven't haven't given them any of my business for probably 6 months. Garbage gas, garbage food, garbage store.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Great, where do I go now?
Maybe back to Casey's? At least they got their colors right! Or maybe Hy-Vee Fast & Fresh? Starbucks? QT? Dunkin' Donuts? jeesh....that's a tough question.

Last edited:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Wait so you’ll buy the soda fountain cappuccino for like $1.79 that you could be making at home in a Keurig for pennies but you think that fuel saver is a scam?

A Keurig cannot make gas station cappuccinos. You have to have so much powder that it has the consistency of heavy whipping cream. They are a marvel of physics to get water to hold enough mix to be supersaturated yet never have the powder settle in the bottom.

• Winner
Reactions: Sparkplug

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I realize convenience is half the battle on where yout get coffee, but Casey's is down the list quality and consistency-wise when comparing the big convenience stores...

1) QT
2) Kwik Trip / K & G / Hy Vee Gas
3) Casey's

• Winner
Reactions: Scott34