NBA: ***NBA 2019-2020 Season***

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Yeah, it's not a bad deal. But the thing about Draymond is I wonder how he's viewed by other teams around the league. Yeah, he's going to make your team better defensively, but he's also a huge personality who's definitely going to ruffle some feathers and he's somewhat limited offensively. I don't question his value or importance to the Dubs and their system, but it's very much a hand in glove fit. And I think that to some extent Golden State's management has enabled him over the years.

I don't know that he's as valuable or important to anyone else in the NBA (except maybe Atlanta since they're basically just trying to be the Dollar General Warriors).
Exactly what I was going to say. I’d have been very tempted to let him test the market if I were GS, but they ended getting a pretty club-friendly deal anyway I think. In terms of his value to them anyway.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Exactly what I was going to say. I’d have been very tempted to let him test the market if I were GS, but they ended getting a pretty club-friendly deal anyway I think. In terms of his value to them anyway.
Ya I think Draymond works because he had a team where everyone but him in the lineup could space the floor and shoot.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc and Acylum

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, I honestly thought they’d be fine without him. I still think they will be but it’s a really weird lineup without Oladipo. All of my predictions look pretty bad so far this year.

Don't throw in the towel just yet. They're 4-4 despite multiple injuries to key guys. Turner, Lamb, Sabonis, and Sumner have all missed time and McMillan has been constantly tinkering with his rotations. Goga has looked pretty good in limited minutes, and they might have found a diamond in the rough in Jakarr Sampson.

Brogdon and Sabonis have been playing at an All-Star level. If they can just hover around .500 until Vic gets back they're going to be a tough out in the East.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFan4

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
If melo decides be doesn't need to shoot 40x this might be a decent move

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He probably won't be on the team by the end of November. Can't teach Melo new tricks.

Yeah, the Blazers will be the third team to acquire him in the hopes of getting the elusive "Olympics Melo". Not happening. He's a mid-range iso player; practically a relic in the modern NBA.

I guess credit to the Blazers for casting a wide net, but I don't expect this to work out for them or Melo.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Luka putting on a show in Dallas tonight - 33/5/6 on 10-11 shooting in the first half. The Mavs are destroying the Warriors 74-38.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Luka putting on a show in Dallas tonight - 33/5/6 on 10-11 shooting in the first half. The Mavs are destroying the Warriors 74-38.

I know this is an old post... but seriously how do we all feel if GS gets the #1 pick or something? Shades of San Antonio getting Duncan.

Help Support Us

Become a patron