Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wait, so a guy that makes 22% of his FTs has good touch? Maybe having good touch means something different than I thought. I thought Foster was a decent shooter that can make the 3. Pretty sure someone that can't make a free throw is not going to be a thread from the arc.
Foster shot 39% from three his sophomore year and only about 27% his junior year, but he can definitely shoot it. His shot is very nice and with his length, it's really tough to guard. His back to the basket moves need some work but that will come once he gets on campus and gets reps with the staff / team. His athleticism, length, and ability to run the floor is why I see him being a big contributor next year. You can't teach 7 feet.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
They're really reaching now (about Thicc Boy Ogundele):

"I’ll take the Big 10-ready (size wise), chip on his shoulder, out to prove something, powerful but good touch Ogundele over the laid back, multiple years out from being able to handle Big 10 physicality, eyes on the NBA, athletic but poor shooting Foster.
Not sour grapes. Been saying the same thing for a month"

And another hot take about missing out on Foster:

"Guys - I have been hearing from the AAU circuit for the past three years that other than the PR headaches of not getting him, Iowa would be better off not landing him. Let it play out. DJ Carton was a miss.....this not so much."

"athletic but poor shooting Foster"...........and then they trash Foster in the next paragraph.

Classic.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

"I’ll take the Big 10-ready (size wise), chip on his shoulder, out to prove something, powerful but good touch Ogundele over the laid back, multiple years out from being able to handle Big 10 physicality, eyes on the NBA, athletic but poor shooting Foster.

"Guys - I have been hearing from the AAU circuit for the past three years that other than the PR headaches of not getting him, Iowa would be better off not landing him. Let it play out. DJ Carton was a miss.....this not so much."

Imagine recruiting a kid for 4 years that you would be better off not getting

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Foster shot 39% from three his sophomore year and only about 27% his junior year, but he can definitely shoot it.

His shot is very nice and with his length, it's really tough to guard. His back to the basket moves need some work but that will come once he gets on campus and gets reps with the staff / team. His athleticism, length, and ability to run the floor is why I see him being a big contributor next year. You can't teach 7 feet.
39%? That’s very good, if true.

He doesn’t need to be great on 3Ps to be effective. Georges shot 30% and Ejim 31% in conference play in 2013-14. Our offense was great that year. Neither provided the defensive presence of Foster. If Foster can get even to 33%, he’s able to maintain our spacing on offense, while also helping on the other end.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

"Doing it the right way!"

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
39%? That’s very good, if true.

He doesn’t need to be great on 3Ps to be effective. Georges shot 30% and Ejim 31% in conference play in 2013-14. Neither provided the defensive presence of Foster. If Foster can get even to 33%, he’s able to maintain our spacing on offense.
Yeah I got those stats from quick stats Iowa so if anyone wants to venture there to take a look at his stats from high school that's where you'll find them. And yes he does not need to be a lethal three point shooter, you just want him to have the ability to hit that shot if needed.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013

You should go read the Foster recruiting thread on this board basically saying the exact same thing about XF when everybody thought he was a lock for Iowa. It's what fanbases do to make themselves feel better. It's not an exclusive trait that only Iowa fans suffer from.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I can't decide if I want them to lose or win tomorrow night.
giphy.gif

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I love how Xavier Foster's 247 page has the 100% crystal ball to Iowa and then at the top it shows "Committed to Iowa State Cyclones". Makes me smile lol.

And it's not just one or two Crystal Balls. It's SEVEN!!!!! All to Iowa. How can so many people all agree on a false belief?

I guess Crystal Balls mean "I have no reason whatsoever, but this is just what I hope happens."

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Imagine recruiting a kid for 4 years that you would be better off not getting

Fran offered him before he even hot to high school, right. Saw him work out the summer before his freshman year, and offered on the spot.

I think I’m remembering that correctly. Or was it after his freshman year?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You should go read the Foster recruiting thread on this board basically saying the exact same thing about XF when everybody thought he was a lock for Iowa. It's what fanbases do to make themselves feel better. It's not an exclusive trait that only Iowa fans suffer from.
[/QUOTE]

you should stick to responding with memes.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
You should go read the Foster recruiting thread on this board basically saying the exact same thing about XF when everybody thought he was a lock for Iowa. It's what fanbases do to make themselves feel better. It's not an exclusive trait that only Iowa fans suffer from.
[/QUOTE]
There is a big difference between saying “we’ll be okay without him” and “we’re better off without him.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
[/QUOTE]

I believe that the general consensus was that ISU would survive without Foster, which is still true. Still happy to get him, but he is probably still not going to be all conference his freshman year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron