Five Big 12 Teams with Top 15 Recruiting Classes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
The irony of a supporter of an illegal corrupt program being outraged.

Maybe he will “decide to resign” when his brother leaves like papa chalmers.

gtfoh with your faux outrage. You support a criminal program
And Danny Manning's Dad learned a lot about coaching while being a truck driver. At least Cunningham's brother is highly regarded as a coach.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
And Danny Manning's Dad learned a lot about coaching while being a truck driver. At least Cunningham's brother is highly regarded as a coach.
I think the hire was stinky, but let's not ignore that he played college ball and played 9 years between the NBA and the ABA as well as playing overseas before Brown bought his son by hiring him.

• Winner
Reactions: cycl144

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I have zero problem with someone making a career teaching at a school and becoming a lifelong fan of that school. I'm pretty sure that most of the profs at Iowa State back in my time didn't get their degrees at Iowa State but there were a hell of a lot of them that wore their Cyclone fandom on their sleeves.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think the hire was stinky, but let's not ignore that he played college ball and played 9 years between the NBA and the ABA as well as playing overseas before Brown bought his son by hiring him.
I actually have no problem with the tactic.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Why? Elite 8 two years ago, B12 regular season championship last year, USA championship coach. Great arena. Great town. Solid academics. What the hell do you want?
FIFY. Steve Prohm is the coach who won the Big 12 championship last year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Read The Atlantic about arenas.
America's #1 college town
Top 150 academics according to US News.
I've been to a lot of college towns. Madison WI is the leader in my clubhouse.
Waco so far is the worst.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The irony of a supporter of an illegal corrupt program being outraged.

Maybe he will “decide to resign” when his brother leaves like papa chalmers.

gtfoh with your faux outrage. You support a criminal program
I stated the facts as to how the #2 recruit in the nation ended up at Okie State. Nothing in my post had any sort of negative connotation at all, let alone sounding "outraged". Do you only respond to things you're outraged by and therefore assume every response was triggered by outrage? Yikes.

I am happy he went there and dont care at all that they hired his brother. If they want to put his brother in as one of their official assistant coaches and deal with the negatives around that (no experience vs. conference foes to help with game planning, no possibility of him building a relationship with future recruits since they know he will be gone in 1-2 years) then I have no problem with it.

Assistant coaches are there primarily to help land recruits. It's within the rules and it landed them the #2 recruit in the nation. That means more eyes on the Big 12 and higher exposure for everyone who plays them. I like it.

• Agree
Reactions: allday4cy

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Somehow I've learned not to fear classes featuring one&done talent as their bell cow. They seldom if ever achieve anything outside the B12 and oft times wither away during the year to more seasoned outfits. Thus, winning the recruiting title is meaningless if that's the basis.