What else is new? (all grass lots surrounding the field are closed Saturday)

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
UNI game was pretty much perfect. Overcast and comfortable, not scorching hot and humid like usual for the first game. It did sprinkle a little post game, but nothing before.
Tailgating was quite decent, but I think we forget that since the game was not exactly what we were expecting. I remember being just happy to leave the lot afterwards with a win. Was not any fun to hang around due to the general mood.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonedave25

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
It is possible I will have a Texas G7/Vet Med pass for sale or trade for a G7 for the KU game.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
$20 tickets with no place at all to park.

44582b8a-2f60-4f1f-be17-2590089cf2f1.jpg

FLASH SALE!
$20 tickets for the Texas game
available for 20 hours

On behalf of the Iowa state Athletics Department, we invite you to come out and watch the Iowa State vs. Texas football game on Sat., Nov. 16 at 2:30 p.m. for only $20! This offer is good for 20 yard line seats for only 20 hours.

Tickets to the game are available through the button below.
https://cyclones.com/images/2019/10/3/CyRide_Map.jpg

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
$20 tickets with no place at all to park.

44582b8a-2f60-4f1f-be17-2590089cf2f1.jpg

FLASH SALE!
$20 tickets for the Texas game
available for 20 hours

On behalf of the Iowa state Athletics Department, we invite you to come out and watch the Iowa State vs. Texas football game on Sat., Nov. 16 at 2:30 p.m. for only $20! This offer is good for 20 yard line seats for only 20 hours.

Tickets to the game are available through the button below.

Is there a link to this? Going to game and dont have tickets... i can't find on ISU website or twitter site. TIA

• Agree
Reactions: BCoffClone125

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
We have a small (18 person) party bus coming over for the game. Does that qualify for a standard parking pass in a paved lot or would it have to be an RV pass?

A few years ago I reached out about this and was told 24 ft is the max length. As long as you aren't ridiculously over this you should be good.

Reactions: Shouse62

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
so, outside of whats suggested in the first post, where do people normally park when this happens? are there areas that normally still draw groups of tailgaters?

Iowa DOT parking lot.

Shouse62

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
A few years ago I reached out about this and was told 24 ft is the max length. As long as you aren't ridiculously over this you should be good.

Got A Pass in B3. Hoping they let us in!

scratch

Jan 28, 2018
Man this has been a rough tailgating season for those of us who usually use the grass lots. Basically got the season opener and the Iowa game and that is about it unless you count the student grass lot being partially open last game. Drove by the grass lots the morning of the last home game and I don't blame them for closing the whole lot because you could see water still standing in some of the low areas. It was wettest October on record for Iowa this year and some of those lots have some pretty low areas in a flood plain. Don't know what they have for tiling in those lots if any at all but wouldn't hurt to look into at least investing in some better drainage for those lots. I don't think gravel or pavement is cost effective for 6-7 days of use out of the year but some field tiling could help them drain and dry out quicker with not a high cost associated with it.
Well they are missing on out some revenue. And I would be willing to pay more to park there. Plus you wouldn't have to mow it anymore. If it was rock or concrete.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Well they are missing on out some revenue. And I would be willing to pay more to park there. Plus you wouldn't have to mow it anymore. If it was rock or concrete.

I just don't see how a massive project to pave or even rock those lots for just 6-7 days of use a year for FB is ever going to be deemed cost effective. The main problem is they would need to bring in a bunch of dirt to raise the area and install storm drains before they even did anything else because it sits in such a low area already the water still has to drain somewhere. The next challenge is I would bet those lots also account for the campus greenspace requirements (I'm not expert on this it's mostly an assumption) so if they were to pave those lots they'd probably have to create some new greenspace on campus property to replace it.

Concrete is not cheap and all the additional drainage and grade work that would go into prepping those lots to pave would make it a rather expensive project with very minimal returns on investment. I'd rather they spend that money on other projects or coaching staff salaries. Plus they already are exploring an entertainment district between Hilton and Jack Trice so it's wishful thinking the grass lots will ever see significant improvements anytime soon.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron