Signing Day Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
I hope we speed our game back up and get more breaks going. These dudes look like they can run. I always loved the Stinson and Blalock years. Every time they rebounded the ball dudes just took off running down the court and got easy breaks. I think these guys have the speed to do that.
If you only knew something, anything...

Sorry, just wanted to say that. I agree with you on this one.

• Funny
Reactions: Drew0311

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Hope you are right. Was a lot of the 3pt shooting woes Tues. night speaking to be more than just an ‘off night’? Meaning form, mechanics, etc. ?Real basketball gurus please chime in here: Can average shooters be significantly improved or does it have to be a natural talent and/or textbook stroke before getting to college? Of course I KNOW they are practicing the crap out of it. Looking forward to seeing their growth. (Spoiled from watching Sullivan, Tyrus, Thomas, Willoughby, and more of years gone by, I admit.)
Speaking of that...Who was ISU’s all time best pure shooter do you think?
Our guys clearly aren't as bad as that game. How good they can be, I don't know. Funny, formwise, Halliburton would be at the bottom of the list, but he usually hits treys pretty well - and, he couldn't hit one in the game, either. I'd just throw that one out re: evaluation and see how we do in the next few games.

It even happens in the pros - I was at the TWolves-Nuggets game on Sunday (Monte not playing enough!), and neither team shot well. The TWolves were something like 6-45 from three, so < 15%. They proceeded to start the next game at 7-9 and shot in the 40%s. They'll be in the mid-30%s over the season, I'd guess.

I just hope Nixon can hit some - confident TH, Jackson, and Bolton will hit some.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’d be pleasantly surprised if our tempo was faster than previous seasons.
Yeah I'm not sure if it will be better or not than previous years, but I do think we're going to try and get out and run, even if we play two bigs. Our guards are pretty fast with the ball and Tyrese's play making abilities in the open court are phenomenal. I think we'll see less fast break three pointers as we've seen a ton in years before, rather we'll take it all the way to the rim more.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Blackwell is an intriguing prospect. Prohm on Blackwell:

“Dudley has great size and is another guy with great versatility and great length. He can play multiple positions for us at the forward spot. But he’s almost like a point forward. I think the best attribute he brings to the table is his ability to make people better and pass the basketball.”

From Alex Halsted at Cyclone Alert

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

“Dudley has great size and is another guy with great versatility and great length. He can play multiple positions for us at the forward spot. But he’s almost like a point forward. I think the best attribute he brings to the table is his ability to make people better and pass the basketball.”

I like to picture Blackwell as a Ejim type player (which is awesome)

Reactions: isutrevman

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Our guys clearly aren't as bad as that game. How good they can be, I don't know. Funny, formwise, Halliburton would be at the bottom of the list, but he usually hits treys pretty well - and, he couldn't hit one in the game, either. I'd just throw that one out re: evaluation and see how we do in the next few games.

It even happens in the pros - I was at the TWolves-Nuggets game on Sunday (Monte not playing enough!), and neither team shot well. The TWolves were something like 6-45 from three, so < 15%. They proceeded to start the next game at 7-9 and shot in the 40%s. They'll be in the mid-30%s over the season, I'd guess.

I just hope Nixon can hit some - confident TH, Jackson, and Bolton will hit some.
Am I the only one who thinks that if Haliburton ends up in a slump he needs to get a gum wrapper from Monte? His hands seem to often be holding the ball wrong on his shot but it goes in - a lot.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

was pumped when I saw that video of Prohm talking about Blackwell. I knew he was a great athlete and could play a few different positions, but not many of his highlight tapes go too in-depth on his passing ability (not surprising). It's awesome that that is one of the main things Prohm likes about him.

Last edited:
Reactions: FinalFourCy