Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
And he should end up in the NBA, Prohm will have the greatest recruiting pitch against Fran imaginable...
That's kind of flexing your muscles to your little sister who's 10 years younger than you and still takes a bottle. Yeah your bigger and tougher but like what's the point.

Reactions: Jerms

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I don't think that is dependent on Foster shining. Truth is most the upcoming players have watched both programs over the past 10 years and would prefer to play for ISU. Foster committing is a result of Hoiball handing off to Prohm, ISU getting players to the NBA and the Hilton Magic with fan passion. Fran and Carver just doesn't compares with ISU program today in the things teenagers grew up with and want to play in.

I do think they go hand in hand though. It still takes one to actually make the jump.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
HR has a thread comparing Fran to Jay Wright and John Calipari...basically claiming those teams fans should want their coach fired for losing a game this year too. Imagine comparing a guy with an NIT finals appearance to coaches with 3 Natty's between them. Hawk logic...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
HR has a thread comparing Fran to Jay Wright and John Calipari...basically claiming those teams fans should want their coach fired for losing a game this year too. Imagine comparing a guy with an NIT finals appearance to coaches with 3 Natty's between them. Hawk logic...
Yeah I saw that too and was thinking basically the same exact thing. While Nova fans and Kentucky fans are probably upset about their performances, there is not one thing similar between those three programs. Fran McCaffery should never be brought up in the same breath as Jay Wright and Kentucky.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

I'll allow it.

Reactions: heitclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
"Indeed. The causal fan doesn’t understand that coaches need time to get their players in place and their systems and cultures established. As much as fans might like it to, these things don’t happen overnight.

You fire a coach after only ten seasons? A coach that consistently has his program in the top 10% of all D1 teams? Good luck finding a decent coach who is willing to risk taking a job at an insanely fickle program like that.

Further, the man has not just one but TWO sons on full scholarship. Ending that would not only destroy their dreams, it could bankrupt the family. Would be terrible optics for the university.

Fans are selfish and myopic. Quite frankly, most sicken me. That’s one of the reasons the extension should take place secretly. The less those idiots know, the better."

Okay hold on.. This HAS to be satire right? This person went on a few more times and seemed to hold the same stance so I honestly don't think he's kidding. I'm dying lol.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think I read something from Rob Howe when he was asked about Sibley yesterday, that said Sibley is signing in this period and Fran said they are done signing for this period.
Sibley is going to go to Georgetown