Also seeing

Directed by:
Dave Filoni

was awesome.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Really enjoyed the first episode and looking forward to where this goes!

Reactions: khardbored

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
It was a fun watch. The acting and story were good. The CGI was top notch and I hope that that same quality CG runs through the series and isn’t that high to attract viewers to the first episode of Disney’s first ever streaming service.

I’ll be watching this series all the way through.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
So apparently some people are saying that Boba Fett is in the background of the scene when The Mandalorian takes the besker to be forged into armor.

mandalorian-boba-fett1.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
And I liked those evil pac-man creatures with a tail they were riding around.
They were my only complaint, if only because the special effects were kind of cheesy for them. They looked like people in rubber suits

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
They were my only complaint, if only because the special effects were kind of cheesy for them. They looked like people in rubber suits
I think that's kind of what Favreau is going for. I watched an interview with him where he was talking about how the practical effects were important to Star Wars. He even convinced Lucasarts to let him use real miniature models and panning cameras for ships in space rather than just cg. He was surprised they let him do it since it's easier and cheaper to do cg.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
We (my kids and I) were trying to guess the whole time who the target of the bounty might be.

Our first guess was Mace Windu somehow survived, he might be about 50??? But then again, not exactly sure where this is set in the timeline. Post ROTJ?

It's a baby Yoda!!!! :p

I thought it was going to be either Wedge Antilles or the guy from the very beginning of The Force Awakens (the one that gave the coordinates of Luke Skywalker to Poe).

Any one else notice that the Mandalorian's weapon is essentially the same weapon Boba Fett used in the 1978 Holiday Special? And, he used it on something that looked kinda like a Dragon? (I was hoping he would ride it!!!) :)

43153-d2dd779b850baa0f4fa27851515f666b.jpg

The flamethrower and sleep darts were weapons you received in the PS2 videogame Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

Reactions: khardbored

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I thought it was going to be either Wedge Antilles or the guy from the very beginning of The Force Awakens (the one that gave the coordinates of Luke Skywalker to Poe).

The flamethrower and sleep darts were weapons you received in the PS2 videogame Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

The guy from the beginning of Force Awakens was stabbed in the chest by Kylo . . .
... oh wait ... my timeline is off! That would be after the Mandalorian.

(sometimes hard to keep track of the SW timeline when so many things released in non-chronological order!)

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
How do you tell the difference between him and another Mandalorian? Also, he's dead.

Good point that its hard to tell the difference and it could just be another Mandalorian. However, prior to Disney wiping out the Extended Universe stories, Boba Fett actually survives the sarlacc. That all got erased by Disney, but its conceivable that they might take the story element of Boba Fett survives and rework it.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It does look like Boba's EE-3 blaster too.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I know it's only 1 episode, but the character and the premise of the series already makes me yearn for a Mandalorian RPG for consoles. In the 40 minute episode we saw character customization (use your bounty credits for armor upgrades), various terrains (ice & desert), and co-op elements (IG-11).

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Production was top notch. I was a little disappointed in the lack of background. Maybe I'm missing a significant piece of the Canon, but I don't really know much about this tribe and there wasn't much reveal. They indicated that the metal is critical to his people, but there wasn't much as to why. Maybe that'll be flushed out in future episodes, but I was constantly thinking about whether I should know something more.

I'm a SW nerd, so I feel very safe saying you're not supposed to know about the tribe. The last we saw of the Mandalorians and Mandalore was in the Clone Wars, and things were NOT going well.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
51KR1HQLd%2BL._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Pre-Disney of course so it can't really be accepted as canon these days. IIRC the first story is about Boba Fett and how he escapes the Sarlacc.

Reactions: Bigman38

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
So apparently some people are saying that Boba Fett is in the background of the scene when The Mandalorian takes the besker to be forged into armor.

mandalorian-boba-fett1.jpg

I had to watch this scene multiple times, but I think everyone is wearing Mandalorian armor. Even the kids that run by.