ESPN+ basics

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
So I haven’t been paying a lot of attention, when are games going to start being on ESPN+ ?

I renewed cycloneTV again last week to find out there isn’t an app on my firetv for it... but I just opened the web browser on said firetv and watched it that way.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
January of 2020 we will start having conference games on there.

I'd recommend to anyone that plans on watching our game that way to take advantage of the free trial to get used to how it works and try and watch a game a day before. I'm watching K-State/Monmouth right now. It's very clear and very easy to use.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Another question related to this. Roku or Amazon stick? I can buy Roku from Walmart, and sounds pretty easy. Wife has an Amazon account, and could get a firestick. Are they the same thing? Basically a push or one better?
For the most part they do the same thing. There are a few apps that one has that the other does not. They both have the big ones (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon). Roku has Cyclones.TV, but Fire Stick does not. But Fire Stick has Facebook Watch, but Roku does not. Fire Stick also has Jackbox games which are fun.

If you are able to do it, get both. I have a Roku TV, but have Fire Stick attached to it so I can have the best of both.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
What is the advantage of having Hulu for those that have another streaming cable provider? Vue and soon to be YouTubeTV for us. We have ESPN+ and my wife signed up for Disney+ today. I'm trying to find a reason to justify the extra 70 cents or 1.70 or whatever it is to include Hulu on their package deal.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
What is the advantage of having Hulu for those that have another streaming cable provider? Vue and soon to be YouTubeTV for us. We have ESPN+ and my wife signed up for Disney+ today. I'm trying to find a reason to justify the extra 70 cents or 1.70 or whatever it is to include Hulu on their package deal.
If you're going to have both Disney and ESPN then you might as well just get the package and have Hulu in case you find something you like

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
You guys are making it way too confusing for those who don’t understand the ins and outs. You can watch on your tv by connecting an HDMI cable between a laptop and your tv. No apps, no extensions. A wire and switch the input. I’m sure there are hundreds of YouTube videos on it.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
If you're going to have both Disney and ESPN then you might as well just get the package and have Hulu in case you find something you like

That's what I'm saying. I don't know anything on Hulu that I can't get from Vue. What's different about Hulu?

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
That's what I'm saying. I don't know anything on Hulu that I can't get from Vue. What's different about Hulu?
Hulu has original programming (Handmaid's Tale, 11/22/63, Castle Rock, etc), full seasons of previously aired shows, and movies. It's no different than Netflix, just a different catalog (and ads)

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
You guys are making it way too confusing for those who don’t understand the ins and outs. You can watch on your tv by connecting an HDMI cable between a laptop and your tv. No apps, no extensions. A wire and switch the input. I’m sure there are hundreds of YouTube videos on it.
That might be more complicated than getting a Roku.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Btw I got Apple TV and it works really well and easy to set up. Thinks it’s kind of pricey. The box and cord cost a round 190

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I posted this a bit earlier in the thread but I read that the Fire Stick 4K is going to be on sale for $25 on Amazon (I think November 22 or so...look up the date). I have never used a Fire Stick but they get positive reviews and that is a very good price! If anyone needs one...I would suggest looking into this deal!

***Yep...November 22 is the day many of the Amazon products go on sale according to this article:
https://www.cnet.com/news/black-friday-2019-deals-on-amazon-devices/

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Vue is/was live TV. The Hulu that’s part of this package is just the equivalent of Netflix. Hulu does have a live TV option, but that’s not part of this bundle

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I went ahead and got the $12.99 Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ bundle. Cancelled HBO Now since I’ve barely used it since Game of Thrones ended.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
So I haven’t been paying a lot of attention, when are games going to start being on ESPN+ ?

I renewed cycloneTV again last week to find out there isn’t an app on my firetv for it... but I just opened the web browser on said firetv and watched it that way.
I tried to use the browser on my TV to watch this week but it didn't work. The feed never showed up. Did you use the Firefox browser or something else?

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
What's a DVD player?
goseegoat.com%20funny%20cute%20cat%20video%20(1).gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron