Survivor: Island of the Idols

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
1. The fact that they haven't upped the prized from $1m to $1.5m or $2m is crazy to me. Maybe they make more off of appearances/fame now, but I would think the show would get some better pub with a bigger prize. Maybe and All-Star Season with a bigger number to start?

2. I was 100%thinking the Aaron was going to vote out Elaine, until I thought what he would be treated like by everyone (crappy tribe - hate him for back stabbing when he didn't have to & good tribe - he's their goat/pawn). After than I was still about 60/40 that he was going to vote for her. Solid edit by the CBS and a great episode.

Still love this show after years.
You can usually tell by the way they film it. They kept showing how he was going to voter her out. At that point I looked at my wife and said he's not voting for Elaine.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
You can usually tell by the way they film it. They kept showing how he was going to voter her out. At that point I looked at my wife and said he's not voting for Elaine.

He also would not dap Jasons hand. Like Jason knew right then he was screwed.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
This popped up on my front page and I read it as - Survivor: Island of the Idiots

which, I assume, would also be appropriate.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Interested to see what goes down with the merge tonight. Last week's tribal was a good one. Figured a blindside was coming but guessed it wrong as I thought Jamal would be the goat who gave Noura his idol then got voted off as the edit on this episode had some flashbacks about calculated risks from previous seasons. I still think Jamal is a sitting duck at this point, he always thinks he's in control but his alliance partners keep getting voted out. I think it's going to be interesting to see who Noura and Karishma try to align with as they've basically been on the outs socially and easy people to bring in for a vote if it means they won't be the one going home.

At this point I have to say I like the games that Elaine, Missy, and Kellee are playing. They have been very smart with how and when they used their advantages and calculated with who they want to swing a vote towards when they go to tribal. I'd even say that Noura could be a wildcard too as she's stuck around this long and seems to be adjusting her social game enough to align with the right people and even Janet who is the oldest woman there has been able to stay under the radar enough she could find a way to the end too possibly. Would not be surprised to see a woman win this season or even have an all women final 3 because I think all of the men so far have had some pretty bad game play and the ones left all have pretty flawed game play like Jamal too confident and talks down to people and Dan is just creepy. Don't really know who Tommy and Dean are aligned with at this point, Aaron is about the only man left that has been working with a solid group of people to stay off the chopping block. We've seen 5 men to just 2 women voted out so far and there have been plenty of reasons and opportunities to vote some of the women out.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I also feel it's necessary to make the point on the episode from a few weeks ago how ******* weird it was the way they reacted to Applebees. I get that Applebees paid a whole lot of cheddar to get their name splashed all over the screen, but the way Probst and the contestants were gushing over Applebees was pretty embarrassing. It's Applebees.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I also feel it's necessary to make the point on the episode from a few weeks ago how ******* weird it was the way they reacted to Applebees. I get that Applebees paid a whole lot of cheddar to get their name splashed all over the screen, but the way Probst and the contestants were gushing over Applebees was pretty embarrassing. It's Applebees.

I get it though. I was in the Marines and we would be in the field for extended periods of time with crap food. So every restaurant was the bomb. If you would have told me they were bringing Jack in the Box out I would have shed a tear.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I get it though. I was in the Marines and we would be in the field for extended periods of time with crap food. So every restaurant was the bomb. If you would have told me they were bringing Jack in the Box out I would have shed a tear.

Totally get it. I just think that some of the food they've had provided by the resorts on reward challenges is probably light years better than Applebees. But again, $$$.

• Agree
Reactions: Drew0311

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

I would shed a tear today in my office if I found out they were opening a Jack in the Box in the Twin Cities. **** is amazing.

• Agree
Reactions: Drew0311

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Karishma is one of the most annoying people to play and now she will stick around to the end because she is absolutely zero threat to win anything. Hopefully since she’s not on the block she won’t get any screen time.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGuy5

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

I thought the same thing when I watched it. Almost bet you the production crew asked the cast to be overly excited about it and make sure they say Applebees and describe how great the food is since they were the sponsor. There is no way I'd be that over the top excited about Applebees food even if I hadn't ate much in 2 weeks. Yeah I'd be glad to get some actual food but I don't think I would be so excited like I just won the lotto or something like they were acting

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
You know it's going to be a interesting episode when they started with a parental warning stating there will be adult themes discussed.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wow...I remember one other time when this was an issue, when Hatch was nekkid during a challenge and Sue had to pass him on a beam, and she was upset about him pushing his junk up against her.
I'm wondering if the cameras saw even more from Dan than we were shown. I've never seen a disclaimer like that.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Yeah so both Missy and Liz were ones I liked but after tonight they can get bent. They just sat there and acted like they did nothing wrong. Unreal. Shame on them.

And for the record, I am not on the side of Dan. I think the things he was doing was a bit over the line but that's just me. But they also never said stop but that also isn't the issue for me because I am not a woman and have never felt uncomfortable and maybe they were afraid to say anything. I honestly get that too.

My issue is that Liz and Missy both said they were uncomfortable and convinced Janet it WAS an issue then when it all blew up they just sat there and said nothing. We kept sitting there saying 'they have to speak up...they need to say something...' and they never did. Twitter is blowing up about them and honestly CBS did not handle this all that well. They had, what, three months to figure out how to edit this and deal with it and that's what the ended up thinking was the best outcome?

Unreal.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Okay, now this is starting to piss me off.
If they are using accusations of sexual harassment as a tool for advancement, that is complete and utter ********. Gameplay be damned.

All the women outside of Janet can go to hell. From in the first half of the show complaining about Dan to in the second half gathering around him like they are his Charlie's Angels. I'm not even a victim of sexual harassment and I'm pissed off. I can't imagine watching this if you have been a victim and seeing people use it as game play.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Those were two disgusting episodes. Dan was told by Kelley on like the second episode that she was uncomfortable with him touching her. He then continues to do it. And that's only the second most disgusting thing to happen tonight. What those girls did was so morally reprehensible that it honestly makes me question their humanity. Sexual assault is not a ******* joke, and certainly not a ******* tool to use as gameplay. Now I need a shower.

In the end it is just a game, but the optics of handsy Dan staying while the girl he assaulted and the guy who said they should believe her get voted out is not ideal.