Purdy stat tracker

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I just don't see Purdy as an NFL QB...which is fine because he can still be a great college QB. It just makes it more frustrating that he's continually made into playing like one in the pocket.

The 'best version of himself' is the threat of him using his feet to keep the defense involved.
Yeah I don't see him having a good enough arm.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah I don't see him having a good enough arm.

Again it doesn't mean he's not great and give me his skillset, abilities, leadership etc. over plenty out there...I was at the WI/Iowa game yesterday and thinking how much more effective he'd be than what they had.

Have they rolled him out at all to hit someone in the flats all season? He almost seems at his best in that sort of mode.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
I wish we’d stop with the #proveit thing though.
I'm glad someone else hates this hashtag. Since I first saw it, my thought was aren't we raising our standards? We've won 8 games in back to back seasons, which is great and far exceeds where we've been. However, being content with that seems like what Campbell is trying to get us away from. He makes me believe we can compete for big 12 titles. Since we haven't played in one yet perhaps #buildingonit would have been better.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm glad someone else hates this hashtag. Since I first saw it, my thought was aren't we raising our standards? We've won 8 games in back to back seasons, which is great and far exceeds where we've been. However, being content with that seems like what Campbell is trying to get us away from. He makes me believe we can compete for big 12 titles. Since we haven't played in one yet perhaps #buildingonit would have been better.

I think it was more like “prove we belong with the big dogs.”

But we’re not knocking that concept out of the ballpark.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
I wish we’d stop with the #proveit thing though.
Good luck with that. It's on the 2019-20 football season poster.

Who can forget:
cyclONE nation
rising as one
proud to be one
we are one
forever one
one way forward
raise the standard
a storm is brewing

I thought there was a year with "not just another season" or similar, but can't find it.

Someone really marketed the crap out of "ONE" -- in ONE thousand different ways.

Reactions: khardbored

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf

Who can forget:
cyclONE nation
rising as one
proud to be one
we are one
forever one
one way forward
raise the standard
a storm is brewing

I thought there was a year with "not just another season" or similar, but can't find it.

Someone really marketed the crap out of "ONE" -- in ONE thousand different ways.

it’s the loneliest number that you’ll ever do...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Who can forget:
cyclONE nation
rising as one
proud to be one
we are one
forever one
one way forward
raise the standard
a storm is brewing

How about "Let's get mad again"?