STAFF PICKS: Fran McCaffery

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Cant wait for all of the “Will XF back out of his commitment?” takes if we lose. It’s a pretty meaningless game in a season especially if both teams are unranked just due to the conferences the teams are in. It’s all about going .500 in either conference when it comes to getting to the goal which is the ncaa tourney.

Maybe if Monté quits the NBA if we lose...?

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Cant wait for all of the “Will XF back out of his commitment?” takes if we lose. It’s a pretty meaningless game in a season especially if both teams are unranked just due to the conferences the teams are in. It’s all about going .500 in either conference when it comes to getting to the goal which is the ncaa tourney.

He will be signed, so no.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
XF probably has too much history at EIU to troll them as a freshman. Once he gets enough hate from Hok fans and understands their arrogance to other local schools he'll embrace being a Cyclone and only then be ready to troll like Georges

Agree, but the X-man will encounter many bitter tavern hoks this year during Osky games. He'll hear enough negative crap this winter on a weekly basis that I think he'll be ready to go next November.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I thought we were shaping up to have a rough weekend after the Foster news seemed to turn against us. Obviously that took a big positive turn yesterday.

But what a dismal day for Iowa basketball. These are dark times. They missed on a recruit they desperately needed, which would only have partially salvaged an otherwise abysmal recruiting operation. A mediocre at best roster. A coach so "beloved" they didn't even announce his contract extension publicly, and that they're anchored to thanks to a huge buyout. I don't watch their games much but I assume attendance, always shaky in CHA, will fall of a cliff soon.

Nothing dooms a program like the absence of hope, and if they haven't reached that point yet they're speeding toward it. Which is kind of a shame, because it's in our best interest as Cyclone fans that Fran does just enough to keep himself viable in Iowa City for many years to come.

100% This....Im so thankful for that extension and look forward to another hopefully. Hes been an absolute train wreck in many ways too!

• Creative
Reactions: Texbudman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I just hope next season Foster can blow their student body a kiss like Niang did! That would be another kick in the Nads!

IIRC that was a good-bye kiss and kind of a part of the back and forth he had with their fans via social media.

There will likely be boos if/when he gets in the game there.

A big game and a 'shoosh' after a dunk would be funny though. Of course, Hok fans wouldn't know what to do if it's not one of their own.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's the CURSE OF DR. TOM DAVIS why the Iowa basketball program is in the shape it is in.

Going to the second or third round and occasionally a little higher in the NCAAs nearly every year wasn't good enough for the the fans when Dr. Tom was there.

Averaging a 4th place finish in the Big 10 during Dr. Tom's tenure wan't good enough.

They pushed Dr. Tom out the door to bring in Golden Boy Steve Alford.

I think Dr. Tom cursed that program as he walked out the doors of Carver for the last time.
I think A LOT of Cyclone fans respect(ed) Dr. Tom too. He knew his Xs and Os and wasn't a douchecanoe.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This and the "Foster picks" thread are maybe the two best in CF history.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The rag had Foster holding said ex-gf’s adopted little sis and her mom in the background. Was this another made up story by hawk fans on gf being the “ex” factor?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
My favorite was the part about knitting.

7a088075-b85a-489f-beae-f5add078e22b_text.gif

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC