Iowa vs Iowa State

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Because this can’t ever get posted too many times:

So many questions:

1. Were you calling for the pass for the Virginia dunk? There was so much that led up to it on the defensive end and the two passes. It looked like a Globetrotter play!

2. When did you become a dunking machine? Did family throw you alley-oops to a nerf hoop in your living room when you were 3 years old?

3. Did you make a conscious decision to dunk rebounds, like the Minnesota one? Or did it just happen? You have to reach so far for the ball, a normal human would have been happy with the rebound, landing, and a put-back.

4. What did you think of the floppy shirts? It seems like it would be annoying to play in, but it does help provide an appearance of flying.

Rahshon13

Aug 4, 2016
So many questions:

1. Were you calling for the pass for the Virginia dunk? There was so much that led up to it on the defensive end and the two passes. It looked like a Globetrotter play!

2. When did you become a dunking machine? Did family throw you alley-oops to a nerf hoop in your living room when you were 3 years old?

3. Did you make a conscious decision to dunk rebounds, like the Minnesota one? Or did it just happen? You have to reach so far for the ball, a normal human would have been happy with the rebound, landing, and a put-back.

4. What did you think of the floppy shirts? It seems like it would be annoying to play in, but it does help provide an appearance of flying.

Come to the game and I’ll answer all those questions in person, how does that sound?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Come to the game and I’ll answer all those questions in person, how does that sound?

Sure, but then only I get the answers. I thought others might enjoy hearing them too. Of course, one answer leads to another question and to another. This thread may dominate your life. The curse of being a living legend.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Because this can’t ever get posted too many times:

#4 on this list. Putback dunk. When the shot goes up, Rahshon is the farthest person from the basket. When the shot hits off the rim, there are still 8 players closer to the basket than Rahshon. When he actually jumps for the putback dunk, he soars over 7 players that are still closer to the basket than he is.

Rahshon13

Aug 4, 2016
#4 on this list. Putback dunk. When the shot goes up, Rahshon is the farthest person from the basket. When the shot hits off the rim, there are still 8 players closer to the basket than Rahshon. When he actually jumps for the putback dunk, he soars over 7 players that are still closer to the basket than he is.
Yea that one was crazy as well

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
That dunk vs Virginia was one of my first games as a freshman. Everybody was literally falling over each other from going crazy. One of my fav moments in Hilton as a student.

When was the last time the student section was that bananas? Honest question

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
These guys will be there, in black and gold.

little-giants-where-are-they-now.jpg
You should bring Woodbury...King of the Hawkeye dunk-meisters...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron