Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
Fat Stanley has some competition

I admit I don't watch a lot of recruit videos, but if the best they have to build up hype on him is a video of him standing around in old mix match sneakers, dribbling around by himself, shooting short, uncontested jumpers and dunks on a hoop with a ripped net, then that isn't saying much. Seriously, I could make a video similar to that and I didn't even play in high school.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90 and JP4CY

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I had a buddy that went to the game on Monday night and said it was worse than what you saw on TV. He said the difference between the athleticism and quality of basketball between the two teams was staggering and Depaul looked like they were playing a mid-major program. He also brought up the fact that there were a few people that started to leave extremely early into the second half and the entire arena seemed very upset.

I think Iowa is going to struggle a ton this year, which is not a hot take by any means. You look at their roster and it's hard to find guys that can score on their own. Garza is one of two guys that I think that can do that and actually is pretty solid on offense. What you saw happen to Joe Weiscamp on Monday is what a ton of teams are going to do to him. They're going to stick to him like glue and run him off the three point line. He's not very quick and it's tough for him to create off the dribble. Oral Roberts goes to CHA on Friday and they're not a terrible squad. Played Oklahoma State tough in their first game on the road and only lost by 5 and then only lost by 7 @ Tulsa last night.

I don't think Weiskamp will play as bad as he did yesterday. But I also don't think Kriener and CJF will shoot 83% from the field either. I agree I don't think it bodes well for them at all.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Their fans are definitely working to put a shine on this. And of course Iowa State isn’t really all that good.

we get just a dose of the insecure losers here. When they’re in there safe spaces, it burns with the intensity of a thousand suns.

but they don’t care about Iowa State

• Friendly
Reactions: dexterhawk

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I don't think Weiskamp will play as bad as he did yesterday. But I also don't think Kriener and CJF will shoot 83% from the field either. I agree I don't think it bodes well for them at all.

How the **** is he gonna get open to take shots? I think he’s a good player. But he’s going to get smothered on the perimeter, and they don’t have anyone else that can make the defense pay on a consistent basis, Garza included.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It really doesn't move the needle on Fran's recruiting rankings (JO is #301 currently) but after Monday and the implosion that EIU's fanbase was going through just getting a recruit with a Big 10 offer has to be a massive win.
It'll distract the hok fans for a while and I am sure they are all ready talking themselves into Ogundele being better than Foster.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Their fans are definitely working to put a shine on this. And of course Iowa State isn’t really all that good.

we get just a dose of the insecure losers here. When they’re in there safe spaces, it burns with the intensity of a thousand suns.

but they don’t care about Iowa State
You definitely don’t care about Iowa. Definitely.

Reactions: ThePollinator

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron