Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
I saw a couple guys who work the score table at the Mausoleum. They said on the floor it was a LOT worse than it seemed.

Both in play and in TO's.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Looks like Fran’s no power 5 offer recruit streak comes to an end tomorrow, much like it did to the Big 10, Rutgers ruined it.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's true. Guy at work today randomly brought it up and told me that his friend was there and Fran's wife did get kicked out but Fran wasn't there.
He also added that last year at the US Cellular Center high school shootout showcase day, apparently she made a big scene ******** about the admission fee being $15, higher than a usual game. He said another lady went over and told her "you know your husbands salary is public information and this isn't a good look for you".

Mrs Mad Fran has had seats near me for several Big 4 classics. One year after an Iowa win, she had an intense conversation after a win where it looked like she was just ******** fran out. Last year she waltzed in looking quite made up. Fran has sprung for a huge ring though.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Wonder if Fran took notice of a team last night that had a poor first half, shooting woes, yet made adjustments to win comfortably...

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: Cy4Lifer and NWICY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I had a buddy that went to the game on Monday night and said it was worse than what you saw on TV. He said the difference between the athleticism and quality of basketball between the two teams was staggering and Depaul looked like they were playing a mid-major program. He also brought up the fact that there were a few people that started to leave extremely early into the second half and the entire arena seemed very upset.

I think Iowa is going to struggle a ton this year, which is not a hot take by any means. You look at their roster and it's hard to find guys that can score on their own. Garza is one of two guys that I think that can do that and actually is pretty solid on offense. What you saw happen to Joe Weiscamp on Monday is what a ton of teams are going to do to him. They're going to stick to him like glue and run him off the three point line. He's not very quick and it's tough for him to create off the dribble. Oral Roberts goes to CHA on Friday and they're not a terrible squad. Played Oklahoma State tough in their first game on the road and only lost by 5 and then only lost by 7 @ Tulsa last night.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
I had a buddy that went to the game on Monday night and said it was worse than what you saw on TV. He said the difference between the athleticism and quality of basketball between the two teams was staggering and Depaul looked like they were playing a mid-major program. He also brought up the fact that there were a few people that started to leave extremely early into the second half and the entire arena seemed very upset.

I think Iowa is going to struggle a ton this year, which is not a hot take by any means. You look at their roster and it's hard to find guys that can score on their own. Garza is one of two guys that I think that can do that and actually is pretty solid on offense. What you saw happen to Joe Weiscamp on Monday is what a ton of teams are going to do to him. They're going to stick to him like glue and run him off the three point line. He's not very quick and it's tough for him to create off the dribble. Oral Roberts goes to CHA on Friday and they're not a terrible squad. Played Oklahoma State tough in their first game on the road and only lost by 5 and then only lost by 7 @ Tulsa last night.
Garza can score but can he can't create without traveling.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Garza can score but can he can't create without traveling.
His footwork is okay but when he gets a guy that's athletic on him, he does move his feet a lot. He also struggles when he doesn't get the ball directly on the block. He just doesn't know what to do with it.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Mrs Mad Fran has had seats near me for several Big 4 classics. One year after an Iowa win, she had an intense conversation after a win where it looked like she was just ******** fran out. Last year she waltzed in looking quite made up. Fran has sprung for a huge ring though.

It’s funny for how much hawks love to bring up Pollard getting asked to leave a high school game by a ref who stepped over the line (since the IHSAA apologized to JP) they ignore the McCaffery’s antics. The Mrs. has been kicked out of a college game, post game interviews, aau games, and high school games, and Fran has been rather close himself at high school games.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron